Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Steering wheel radio controls acting up

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:08 PM

I'm having the same issue with my '07 XLS, loaded. I don't have the DVD hack... taking it to the dealer Wednesday... I'll post if they find anything, but as stated previously, it won't likely replicate. It's too bad since my warranty will be up in a few months (mileage).

Old 07-27-2009, 05:47 PM

I haven't found a solution yet, and haven't brought it into the dealer either.

aplateofgrapes - any luck at the dealer?

Old 08-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Exclamation Bump.

I want to bump this thread.

I have an 07 XLS fully loaded, identical problems with the steering wheel controls. It is annoying, but intermittent. I would imagine when I tell the dealer and they push a button it won't happen.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Default Solution?

Yeah, they think it's some spring... they've got the part on order. They did say that this was a new issue (only 7 similar cases in the US, 6 of those were lancers). Once I get the part installed, I'll let you know if it does the trick...

Finally, they asked me a series of questions about when this issue seems to occur. Here's what they asked so you can pay attention next time it acts up...

Does it happen mostly when turning, or driving straight? (Straight for me)
When accelerating or decelerating? (Neither prevalent)
Etc...

Basically, when it happens, take mental notes.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by aPlateOfGrapes
Yeah, they think it's some spring... they've got the part on order. They did say that this was a new issue (only 7 similar cases in the US, 6 of those were lancers). Once I get the part installed, I'll let you know if it does the trick...

Finally, they asked me a series of questions about when this issue seems to occur. Here's what they asked so you can pay attention next time it acts up...

Does it happen mostly when turning, or driving straight? (Straight for me)
When accelerating or decelerating? (Neither prevalent)
Etc...

Basically, when it happens, take mental notes.
Thanks for the heads up. This was under the warranty correct?
Please keep us updated!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:48 PM

Only 7 cases? I think there are almost 7 people in this thread with the problem. Let's hope that fixes the problem.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:18 PM

Yes, the part they replaced (clock spring) is under the 60k warranty. That's why I went in, because my '07 is at about 58k.

So far, so good; I haven't had any issues in the week or so since its installation.

Abrcrombe - Yeah, they reiterated that fact when I picked it up. Maybe people just aren't complaining?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 PM

After the Mitsubishi dealer replaced the clock spring in the steering column. No more problems with the steering wheel control in my Outlander.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:39 AM

Hi I am a long time reader and finally signed up. I too have the problem with the steering wheel controlls. I have a 2007 XLS Loaded. I stopped at my dealer and explained the problem but they told me they can't do anything unless it is doing it at the time. Anybody have any luck with this yet????

Old 10-20-2009, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by 07outie07
...they told me they can't do anything unless it is doing it at the time.
Now thats some bullsh!t.

If they brakes were not working some of the time, would they tell you they can't fix it until they do not work all the time. (i.e. after you crash into a tree)

I would speak to the service dept manager, or the dealership manager. If you do not get good service from them, call Mitsu Corp or go to another dealership.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel radio controls acting up