Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

strange sound when turning

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 PM

If it helps, the sound I get reminds me of the sound of anti-lock brakes when they are pulsating/slipping. I am willing to bet it is the same problem (wheel bearing) that I have. Mine only has 30k on it! I will be getting the repair done in a week or two, so I will post an update.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Default Issue not fixed! Perhaps it is not the wheel bearings?

Hi all - I am a little sad to report that after spending way too much money to have the front wheel bearings replaced, the problem is still there, but I now have a new problem - a vibration coming from the front passenger side when driving at high speeds and making a slight right. I am guessing it is a tie rod, but IDK. I am going to take it to an independent shop this week.... not too happy. I also posted this question on Fixya:
Front end popping/grinding and vibration from right front end - Fixya

Old 03-03-2014, 11:53 PM

I was having the same issue as well and only when its cold I took it in the the dealer and they confirmed it and said it had something to do with some grease that is not meant for the extreme cold weather we having in Calgary. She said it is under warranty and they have ordered a replacement part. It should be here in 5 to 7 days. I will update you guys when I get it replaced and also let you know what the part is. Mitsubishi is aware of this issue.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Old 03-04-2014, 09:51 AM

2nd dealership now has told me that it is not an issue do not worry about it... WTF it is a sound my vehicle makes and should not... FIX IT! i am writing a letter to corporate about the **** poor service depts

Please post up the fix if they get you squared away please... in chicago we have had some record setting snow fall/cold here so i could understand the whole grease deal.... Lokks is that only for 08?

Old 03-04-2014, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by JRK5892
2nd dealership now has told me that it is not an issue do not worry about it... WTF it is a sound my vehicle makes and should not... FIX IT! i am writing a letter to corporate about the **** poor service depts

Please post up the fix if they get you squared away please... in chicago we have had some record setting snow fall/cold here so i could understand the whole grease deal.... Lokks is that only for 08?
Yes I will update you guys once I get it fixed. Yes it's for the 08 XLS.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Default Schlossman Mitsubishi Service Department - it could have been worse. Much worse.

UPDATE: I took my Outlander to an independent shop and they discovered that drivers side wheel hub was loose and wobbling when they lifted it into the air. They tightened everything and it seemed to do the trick.

Scary - my wife is six months pregnant and drove it home from the Mitsubishi dealership about 25 miles just two days before. Glad the wheel did not fly off!

City / Schlossman Mitsubishi, Milwaukee - service department not recommended

Old 03-05-2014, 11:49 AM
No5

UPDATE: I took my vehicle into an independent shop as well.

They applied TSB #10-26-001R. When they were conducting the fix they did notice that my axle boot grease was dried out.

My service-fee sky rocketed when (1) they found my right lower control arm was bent (so had that replaced) and (2) my left front cv joint axle was ceased (fused) and they couldn't remove it without damaging. So I had that replaced as well.

Although my vehicle has been inside a warm shop for close to 2 days (due to a part delay), I just test drove and post fixes (above), the scraping sound is gone completely.

I'll wait to see how it performs when parked outside in the cold for a few days and post back...

Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by No5
UPDATE: I took my vehicle into an independent shop as well.

They applied TSB #10-26-001R. When they were conducting the fix they did notice that my axle boot grease was dried out.

My service-fee sky rocketed when (1) they found my right lower control arm was bent (so had that replaced) and (2) my left front cv joint axle was ceased (fused) and they couldn't remove it without damaging. So I had that replaced as well.

Although my vehicle has been inside a warm shop for close to 2 days (due to a part delay), I just test drove and post fixes (above), the scraping sound is gone completely.

I'll wait to see how it performs when parked outside in the cold for a few days and post back...
If you're from Toronto or GTA, which independent shop did you take it to? I've an appointment this weekend at Mid Toronto Mitsubishi, but I don't have high hopes. Let me know.
Thanks

Old 03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
No5

Originally Posted by Tib_mastiff
If you're from Toronto or GTA, which independent shop did you take it to? I've an appointment this weekend at Mid Toronto Mitsubishi, but I don't have high hopes. Let me know.
Thanks
Nope, I'm from Winnipeg. But, just get them to apply the TSB.

Quick Reply: strange sound when turning