Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Throttle position

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Default Throttle position

Hi, having a bit of trouble with my outy.
Have had overboosting problems for a while, usually under heavy load and acceleration, usually at higher speed and accelerating. To fix i normally turn engine off then back on and it resets and works fine.

However i allowed my father in law to borrow the car and he broke down yesterday, he said it was juddering then cut out now it wont start. Had a P0487 error with throttle position control.
Im going to guess it went into limp mode and he lost power but didnt change down gear and it was up a hill so he stalled it.
I have noticed hen when ignition is on there is resistance on the throttle i.e. its being held open by the controller, i know the default position of the throttle is open but with the ignition on should it still be so?
I can close it with my finger with the ignition off but not when on as its being forced open.

Ive also connected my generic code reader up and got a 94.9% reading for throttle but ive read up and this is apparantly normal?

My question is basically what position should the throttle adopt when trying to start and if it is stuck open when it shouldnt be would this cause a no start??

Sorry forgot to add its the bsy vw engine

Last edited by jimmyrinse; 07-28-2019 at 09:33 AM.