Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tire Pressure Sensor reset options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Default Tire Pressure Sensor reset options?

The Mitsu dealer in Roanoke, VA went out of business, but the shop is still there (affiliated with a used import dealer now) and will do service work. I had to replace one sensor due to a broken plastic valve stem (brilliant). So I ordered a set of 4 on Ebay since I don't have a local dealer and to have spares, and had the broken one replaced by a Sears auto center. They warned that it might need to be coded to the ECU. I said OK. The alert came on as predicted, and so I had the Ms. take it in to the former dealer. They fooled with it for awhile and then said she'd have to replace all 4. Is this true? I have the others, but that seems a bit excessive...

Old 11-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Banned

Sup....Look at the top of the page on the TOOL BAR and you will see the word. SEARCH. You can type in the words: TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR and you will find several posts that will help you. If you don't see the info that you are looking for, then you should post your question. i saw several post that I believe would help answer your question.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 11-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Wink

I'm not sure about Mitsubishi's TPMS, but I'm sure its similar to others.
I know for sure for Toyota vehicles, when one sensor is damaged, you DONT have to replace all four. You can just replace one. However, that replaced sensor must be registered to the vehicles computer through a scan tool from Mitsubishi.

I would try to call another or even call Mitsubishi Tech support to confirm. I think is just the dealer trying to sell you more work!!!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Thumbs up Thanks,Shorty

That's what I was hoping (just replace the one). Will have to drive further to a true dealership.