Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tire wear - 2008 Outlander XLS with factory spec alignment

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 05:36 PM

my 2007 outlander had OEM Goodyear tires and only last about 20k miles, all 4 were out.I replaced with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza => 235/55/18. It's expensive but run very very well. I have for over 25k miles and virtual no wear & tier.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by cybergoogle
my 2007 outlander had OEM Goodyear tires and only last about 20k miles, all 4 were out.I replaced with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza => 235/55/18. It's expensive but run very very well. I have for over 25k miles and virtual no wear & tier.
I had the Geolanders OEM which lasted 40k miles. I also went with the Alenza on my 16" rims and they have been wonderful tires.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 PM

so guys, when you put your hand on top of the tire and move it toward the back of the car, do you feel sharp tread block edges?

Old 04-09-2012, 09:55 PM

rotate your tires. your fronts will wear in that direction. your rears will wear the other direction.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:22 PM

becareful of which shop you choice to rotate the tires. a tire shop i went to .. they "cross-rotate" my Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza => 235/55/18 .. Left => Right, instead of back => front. it caused aligement went off and the shop can not figure out which one on which side and they said "its OK to cross-rotate". After 1 year, i had to get 4 new tires ... the noise from tires was loud due to the un-even wear because of the "cross-rotate".

Old 10-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Default tire wear

Glad to see I am not the only one frustrated with tire wear, but I wish somebody had an answer as to what the problem could be.
Since we got our 2007 LS in 2012 I have been having problems with the outer edges of tires wearing out. The tires that came on it were not good brand and I did not have a very strict rotation schedule, so I let it go at first. But then ~3 years ago I got some nokian entyres which were supposed to be ~70k mile warranty.. and had the shop do an alignment at installation assuming that was the reason the old tires were shot on the edges. Had these nokians religiously rotated every 5k miles but they still got worn out on the outer edges faster than the rest of the tire, despite having the shop align the car again a year ago. I never got a print out of the alignment specs from the shop either time, so I guess I'm just trusting that they actually did it.

Now that I'm looking at tires again I am thinking to get some of the cam bolts for the upper strut to spindle location so I can have the camber adjusted a little more negative and really go to a place that will do the alignment correctly. Ticks me off that they get like 60 or 80 dollars for an alignment and the only thing they can even adjust is the front toe.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Broncoman75
Glad to see I am not the only one frustrated with tire wear, but I wish somebody had an answer as to what the problem could be.
Since we got our 2007 LS in 2012 I have been having problems with the outer edges of tires wearing out. The tires that came on it were not good brand and I did not have a very strict rotation schedule, so I let it go at first. But then ~3 years ago I got some nokian entyres which were supposed to be ~70k mile warranty.. and had the shop do an alignment at installation assuming that was the reason the old tires were shot on the edges. Had these nokians religiously rotated every 5k miles but they still got worn out on the outer edges faster than the rest of the tire, despite having the shop align the car again a year ago. I never got a print out of the alignment specs from the shop either time, so I guess I'm just trusting that they actually did it.

Now that I'm looking at tires again I am thinking to get some of the cam bolts for the upper strut to spindle location so I can have the camber adjusted a little more negative and really go to a place that will do the alignment correctly. Ticks me off that they get like 60 or 80 dollars for an alignment and the only thing they can even adjust is the front toe.
The only thing I can suggest is to go to a place like Firestone and get the lifetime alignment deal. I got it when it was $130...I think it is around $160 now. But you can take it in as often as you want and they'll align it no charge and produce a report. Double check your lugnuts though...I don't trust them anymore and I routinely double check them in front of their entrance. I usually get my wheels rotated and aligned every 7.5k miles once I do my oil change. I've been doing this since about 70k miles. I've got my money's worth out of it.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst
The only thing I can suggest is to go to a place like Firestone and get the lifetime alignment deal. I got it when it was $130...I think it is around $160 now. But you can take it in as often as you want and they'll align it no charge and produce a report. Double check your lugnuts though...I don't trust them anymore and I routinely double check them in front of their entrance. I usually get my wheels rotated and aligned every 7.5k miles once I do my oil change. I've been doing this since about 70k miles. I've got my money's worth out of it.
Good advice I would say. The problem is the firestone shops around here (my brother used to work there as a service advisor) you would be lucky to find a competent tech to do the job. I will look into it though and see if les schwab or anybody else does a lifetime alignment.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:18 PM

did some googling, I think sears and pepboys do something like that.

I do get what you are saying about firestone though.