Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Toshiba/Phillips HIR bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mahicks3322
What Problems are you talking about? I will be glad to help you if you want to PM me, email me, or start a new thread. The wiring is the same, it does take a little bit of work to do the mod, but I would not say it is hard to do or impossible.
its not that's its impossible, i just cant do it myself and my regular installer is not around anymore and i don't have a installer around me that i can trust. I want a clean job done and i want it to work the first time. alot of these guys they just start ripping into things and tape this tape that and pray it works. I am willing to pay extra for a guy i know will do the right and clean job.

P.S> speaking of philips i saw this HID kit, it would be the only kit along with Mcculloh i would install in my car.... Says it has a circuitry to work with the DRL that would rid of the flickering problems. whatcha think.... http://www.philipsxenon.com/mitsubis...philips-p-1234

P.S.S> Sorry for going off topic but this is my thread.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by cheech
its not that's its impossible, i just cant do it myself and my regular installer is not around anymore and i don't have a installer around me that i can trust. I want a clean job done and i want it to work the first time. alot of these guys they just start ripping into things and tape this tape that and pray it works. I am willing to pay extra for a guy i know will do the right and clean job.

P.S> speaking of philips i saw this HID kit, it would be the only kit along with Mcculloh i would install in my car.... Says it has a circuitry to work with the DRL that would rid of the flickering problems. whatcha think.... http://www.philipsxenon.com/mitsubis...philips-p-1234

P.S.S> Sorry for going off topic but this is my thread.
gheesh....for that price RUN AWAY....RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN (billy madison) ............AT MOST, it is a digital ballast, a relay harness and a cap..at worst, it is a digital ballast............You are much better off with the product I listed and guaranteed with the product I listed, plus the wire mod.......to have a working, usable product. TRUST ME....YOU CAN DO IT!!! (several happy madison movies)

Old 12-18-2010, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by mahicks3322
gheesh....for that price RUN AWAY....RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN (billy madison) ............AT MOST, it is a digital ballast, a relay harness and a cap..at worst, it is a digital ballast............You are much better off with the product I listed and guaranteed with the product I listed, plus the wire mod.......to have a working, usable product. TRUST ME....YOU CAN DO IT!!! (several happy madison movies)
If im going HID route, then im buying philips. I had them in my 98 jimmy and they lasted me over 7 years with no problems at all. I will take the mod into consideration.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:47 PM

If im going HID route, then im buying philips. I had them in my 98 jimmy and they lasted me over 7 years with no problems at all. I will take the mod into consideration.
My wifes HID's are Phillips. They are nice. I like the color better than the ones I installed on the Mitsubishi to be honest. They are both 6000K bulbs but the philips do not really have any hint of blue and the Truss ones do have a little blue in them. It is not a deal breaker but the color is nicer. I just did not want to spend that much on my HID kit. There is another company out of Canada that I looked at. If you live in the states you will have to buy them direct. They are HIDCOR dot com. Click on products and then click on the Lumens HID. There is A LOT of interesting reading and research in there on the ballasts and bulbs.

I did not buy them because they exceeded my budget I wanted to spend (Theirs are about $120)

Old 12-23-2010, 10:37 AM

where can you order those ?
any pic of the the light ?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:10 AM

http://store.candlepower.com/hirlighting.html
Originally Posted by armymen
where can you order those ?
any pic of the the light ?

Old 12-23-2010, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the link

Are those are White ? or yellow light ?

I already buy those but i dont found the light to be very bright so i wonder if they are better then those, how can you calculate how white or bright a light is ?
:
9005/HB3 12V 65W Crystal White : http://www.lightbulbs4cars.com/site/...roduct/CWHB365
9006/HB4 12V 55W Crystal White : http://www.lightbulbs4cars.com/site/...roduct/CWHB455

and a last thing you show me the link they are HIR1 (9011) & HIR2 (9012), but the one i need are not 9005 and 9006 ?
thanks
LIGHT ARE CONFUSING lol