Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Towing with Mitsubishi Outlander Sport/RVR? Some Mitsubishi sites say it's OK....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 03:11 AM
Default Towing with Mitsubishi Outlander Sport/RVR? Some Mitsubishi sites say it's OK....

(I did see another post with the same question but I have additional info and something I need clarified, so please forgive the repeated question).

So as the title asks, can you tow with a 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport/RVR, and if so, how much weight? I know that vehicles with alternating transmissions aren't supossed to tow, AND even my user's manual says not to tow with it. BUT when I Googled the question "Can you tow with a 2021 Mit. Outlander Sport", many of the Mitsubishi web sites that came up clearly gave weight allowances without any warnings. So is it that you can't because you will destroy/damage your transmission, or that they'd rather you DIDN'T because it POSSIBLY MAY damage the transmission?