Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tpms

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 07:00 AM
Default Tpms

Hi,

I have a 2018 Outlander D4D and I have just had a puncture fixed. The tpms light is still on showing low pressure even though the tyre is fine. How do I reset, i have tried to find the settings via the dashboard display but I do not seem to be able to find it. TIA

Old 12-05-2019, 09:03 AM

Several things could have happened. It is likely that your sensor has been damaged either during the incident or by the mechanic, who unmounted and remounted the tire. Alternatively, the tire shop may have installed a regular valve instead of the TPMS after sealing the puncture. I can suspect that the flat tire was not repaired by the dealership otherwise the TPMS issue would have been noticed by them. Check your tire valve first and identify whether you have the original one (it is easy to distinguish the regular and TPMS valves). Either way you most likely should buy a new valve and remount/rebalance the tire again and have it programmed by the dealership (MUT III). Another alternative is reprogramming your ETACS and completely remove TPMS detection (ETACS DECODER only for your model, dealership cannot do this with their MUT III).