Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TPMS....Winter tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Default RE: TPMS....Winter tires

JUST DONT FORGET TO TURN OFF THE STUPID TRACTION CONTROL. Puts a real damper on snow time fun

Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: piper

Roach, I would like to know if those steel wheel that you bought at Costco, do they fit well out the Outie?? I think the are universel?? Is it better to buy the OEM (factory) steel wheel....what is the major difference??? Thank you
They fit really good and the guy check in is book to make sure the model of steel wheel's that fit the XLS and what it is it use the LS size and offset for the rim which is what my mitsu dealer is doing except I paid 34.99 a rim instead of 90 at the dealer ! Major difference is the price wheel is the same.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:15 PM

Hello.

Who can disable you to pull out TPMS from summer tyres and set up it into the winter tyres?
No reprogram at dealer, no pay for new set, no worry about warnings and always drive in safe.

Just few bucks for guy in tire service.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:30 PM

And I have also found that it's easier to get the back to fishtail with the 4WD Lock!

Old 09-20-2008, 01:47 PM

They can't disable them by law..TPMSs are required on new vehicles...you can thank Firestone and Ford for that.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:44 AM

since the TPMS is on the stem itself, would i have issues moving from stock 215/70 R16 to 235/70 R16?

i assume not since it is located on the stem itself but i would like confirmation from whoever went with a broader and taller tire.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:24 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Elisha

since the TPMS is on the stem itself, would i have issues moving from stock 215/70 R16 to 235/70 R16?

i assume not since it is located on the stem itself but i would like confirmation from whoever went with a broader and taller tire.

[/quote
]http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 PM

my question is about TPMS not tire size. i know the size will fit without problems.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 AM

Might be a law where you live, but I live in Canada, we have no TPMS law here.

I did a bit of research last week, and I came accross some documents that were target to the tire industrie in order to increase the acceptance of TPMS, some of the point they were stressing is how they can increase there revenues because of the systems. I'll give you one guess as to who the revenue would be coming from!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 PM

Guys, I am in Ottawa. LY I had a winter without winter tires on my 07 Outlander XLS. It seemed not too bad with my All-season tires plus locked AWD on, even when I drove back from Toronto in New Year Day's snow storm.

But this year, I think I don't want to risk again so I would like to buy the winter tires. Can you please let me know what brand/model you bought? and where? According to my dealer, they suggested the 16' tires, either Toyo or Yokohama with rims at about $1k without tax. Is this good deal? I am an Costco member and I know that I can place special orders with tire centre. My dealer said if I can find better deal than this, they can try to match it.

Any comments? thanks!

Quick Reply: TPMS....Winter tires