Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Default transmission problem

I have a problem with my outlander 2007
some times while driving for a long distance and while shifting the gear to tip tonic the shift does not work and it always shows D on the screen and the shift doesn't change from one to two or from two to three. and vice versa
after that i have to stop the car for about 15 minutes and then it will work as usual again
please if some body faced this problem before and he knows how to solve it please advice
best regards to all

Old 10-19-2015, 05:29 PM

I've experienced a similar issue in high heat and mountainous conditions. My assumption is the fluids too hot and the TCM disables manual shifting. Went to the car wash and blasted the dirt out of the fluid cooler and hasn't happened since.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Maybe same problem with my outlander 2008

yesterday while driving for a short distance i get service required wronging alarm and car sound it became very high and transmission very hard, then i tried to shift the gear to tip tonic the shift always shows 5 on the screen and the shift doesn't change from 5 to 4,3,2 or 1 and vice versa

after that i have to stop the car more than an hour but the problem still same.

Please help

Old 11-30-2015, 08:25 AM

The above problems sound heat related, if yours doesn't go away on it's own after a while it's probably something worse...

Did you check the fluid levels?

Old 11-30-2015, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
The above problems sound heat related, if yours doesn't go away on it's own after a while it's probably something worse...

Did you check the fluid levels?
I went to work shop for checking the problem and they are saying that it CVT electric problem and the gearbox hanging now in 5

And they given me appointment next Saturday for details check and issue the maintenance report

By check the CVT with computer it gives error code P-1794 and they can't clear that fault

Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 AM

I hate to point this out, but anyone can clear a code. The ECM must accept the command to clear codes. What they mean is we clear the code and it comes right back because we did not fix the problem

Old 11-30-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by binzd
I hate to point this out, but anyone can clear a code. The ECM must accept the command to clear codes. What they mean is we clear the code and it comes right back because we did not fix the problem
You are right, but all mech. Going first for clearing the faults then drive the car for while and recheck again, if same faults come again they will be go to fix the problem

In my case they are saying problem is on the CVT electric and still they haven't give report or the estimate cost, but they are saying this problem is really happened with outlander, I'm still waiting as I don't have any other solutions

Thanks

Old 12-14-2015, 09:41 PM

good morning

i went to the Transmission workshop and they told me your problem with CVT/ENG harness control and fix it by changing some wire and the car moving good. and they told me if it happen again i should replace the total harness control by electrical workshop since they are working with transmission only.

today morning and after 300 KM the problem came again.