Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

?Turbo problem 2,0 DI (turbo Diesel)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Question ?Turbo problem 2,0 DI (turbo Diesel)?

I HAVE A 2007 2.0 DI Exclusive with 34000 miles on the clock. For a long time I now have been troubled intermittently by the turbo cutting out and going into 'limp' mode. This usually only happens when under load; ie whilst towing my caravan or with 4 up. You can be travelling along at say 50 mph in top gear, put your foot down to accelerate gently when you feel a slight hesitation in the engine similar to when the air con compressor kicks in. The car then looses power and the turbo stops working .,... as soon as you restart the engine the fault rectifies itself, the turbo kicks in and away to go again..... some times the fault will repeat itself quite soon after restarting the engine, sometimes it only happens the once. Only on one occasion has the engine diagnostic lamp lit but as soon as the engine is restarted it goes out again. I have been back to my supplying dealer several times and in fairness to them they have tried their best to rectify the problem. They have down loaded the latest mapping software and twice replaced the turbo boost valve pressure sensor ( I think that's what they call it !!) I am not an expert on these things but to me it suggests that it could be an electrical or computer fault in view of the fact that it fixes itself when the engine is restarted?? Fortunately I took an extended warranty out with Mitsubishi and this covers the costs involved so far!. Has anyone else out there sufferred from a similar problem or has any suggestion as to what the cause may be. All help will be appreciated !