Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Two questions re: ASC button and door locks

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Default RE: Two questions re: ASC button and door locks

ORIGINAL: Number6

Thanks all.

On a related note; other than trying to get myself unstuck, why would I want to disable ASC on a FWD Outlander?
Like you said, maybe that's its sole purpose, for when you are stuck.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

ORIGINAL: BoldlyGoingNowhere

Really, Hmmm move to Cleveland or Chicago and youll appreciate the auto door locks. Ive had them in my past 2 cars so now I forget to lock the doors.

Nothing like having someone open your door and plop them selves in the front seat and request that you take them somewhere.
Or come up at intersections and try to open your doors asking for money. Or open your door and take your purse. Or even better drag you out and take your car.

The only thing I havent dealt with personally is the getting drug out and taking the car part.

first point.. Ive been to chicago 45 times. I live in a different massive urban city. Ive in fact been to over 30 major cities, many much "tougher" than chicago. somehow ive managed to avoid getting carjacked. You make it sound like everyone in chicago somehow gets carjacked, and that a door lock will prevent that from happening.
if you live in that much fear, I suggest moving.
second point... You can actually "lock" the door if you have that much fear, but I think I would suggest carrying a weapon instead.

Nope no fear here [:-] Its just a good idea to lock your doors at any time regardless of where you are. Auto locks makes it easier to remember. You lock your house dont you? Any major breakins where you are? Locking the door only slows them down but you still do it. Because it would be foolish not to.

When I had the person get in my car and demand to be driven somewhere I was actually in downtown Salt Lake City, UT and it was 1985. Not exactly a time and place of fear.

You never know what people are likely to do. I ride motorcycles as well, if I was that afraid I definately wouldnt be in the open like that. However I can tell you some interesting stories about bike jacking in DC.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:58 PM

I hate auto door locks...glad the outlander doesnt have them