Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Used Bluetooth module self install on 2010 Outlander SE

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Default Used Bluetooth module self install on 2010 Outlander SE

I bought a used 2010 Outlander SE, it already has all the wiring and buttons for bluetooth, but does not have the module and microphone. I contacted a dealer to ask if I bought a used module that is for 2010 Outlander SE, would it be able to be reprogrammed for my vehicle. The dealer did not know if that would work, so they contacted Mitsubishi. Surprisingly,they did not if it would work either. So, my question is. Has anyone installed a used bluetooth module and had it reprogrammed by a dealer and had it work?

Old 07-08-2014, 09:32 PM

Yes it could be done. Installation is pretty plug and play.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:22 PM

I did the same for a ZH 2011 LS in Australia. all up cost me about $300.00 AUD about four years ago.
The wiring harness for the Bluetooth is pre-installed, just not "in use". You will need to get some parts (OEM from a wreckers is cheaper usually)
  • Handsfree phone switches for the steering wheel and the Bluetooth wiring loom for in the steering wheel.
    • I just bought an Outlander steering wheel with switches already from the wreckers
  • Microphone - this is inside the front courtesy light.
    • I got mine from a wreckers - I removed the microphone from the courtesy lights module and did not buy the whole light module.
  • The Bluetooth module (a Johnson Controls Mitsubishi Bluetooth handsfree). If your Outlander currently has the USB input module the Bluetooth will replace this and will run both the USB input and Bluetooth.
    • Generally a Google search for "Mitsubishi Johnson Controls" will get you any amount of relevant hits - on e-bay they are usually around the $100-150 mark (Australian) pre-used, as compared to $800 +/- from Mitsubishi.
    • Used modules may need to have the security code cleared - see unlock Bluetooth module posts in the forum.
    • I'd stick with OEM if you want to use the pre-wired looming "as is". The module part number starts with 8783A0##, the ## being variable - the higher the number the newer the version. I am current running a "074" in my 2011 ZH LS.
Installation is pretty much plug-and-play. There are plenty of "How to" postings in the forum on these steps
  • Remove the radio, take out the USB module,
  • Put in the Bluetooth module, reinstall radio (don't forget the antenna cable).
  • Swap the steering wheel (disconnect the battery first) or install the switch and looming
  • Install the microphone
T​​​​​hen enjoy your hands free telephone experience