Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Vibration after new tires installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ShortyRider
Do you own the Outlander or other Mitsu products, Dr. Zoidberg?
Not to hijack the post but I have a 2009 Outie XLS on order - I think it will be arriving at the Vancouver port sometime this week and then probably another 3 weeks out here.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Default Kal Tire

Originally Posted by ShortyRider
Which tire shop did you do to?
I live near Major Mack in Markham. From Kennedy to Markham Rd on Major Mack, there were nice roads, and plus no much cars on the weekends or night time. (Speed limit is 80, but a lot of people speed to 90 or 100) Also, you can go to the Markham's Donald Cousin Parkway. Is not a highway, but very few cars go on it because not much people live in the area, and the roads are pretty new, therefore good condition.

Glad to see someone from Toronto on the board =)

When you drive the car in a straight road, take your hands off the wheel, and see if it will keep going straight or does it move to the left or right. Moving very little is normal, but if it moves a lot, then that's a problem caused by wheel alignment.

Hey ShortyRider,
It's nice to see people from GTA here, indeed!

I live in downtown and I work in Mississauga. I use Kal Tire in Mississauga. They are very nice and I don't think they did something wrong. It either my rims or just me...

Thanks for advice on the roads. I used to work in Markham and will try the streets you recommended this week.

I'm pretty sure if I take my hand off the wheel the car goes strait. It might move right or left little bit, but not significant, so I think my wheels alignment is ok.

Konstantin.

Last edited by Constm; 02-24-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Same thing happened to our Outlander. Replaced the stock Goodyears with Yokohama's and immediatly noticed some vibrations about 65MPH. Took it back to Discount Tire and had them re-balance the tires. After they re-balanced them all is well. Guess they didn't do a god job the first time. I'd have them road force balanced if your tire shop offers this.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:33 AM

not sure how it is done here, but normally when balancing, they do it at 100kmh. maybe try to get them to balance it at a higher speed.
not too familar with Nokian tires....have you checked to see the ratings on them?
like load and speed rating?

you also mention your Outtie is an 05....are all your suspension parts good?