Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Water Dripping Inside passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 03:08 AM
Default Water Dripping Inside passenger side

Water has started dripping on the passenger side about where your feet would be . I would think it is a clogged drain hose ?

I looked for the hose and could not find it , does anyone know where it is ? Also something strange I saw was , there are two hoses comming from the windshield water pump , ones goes up to the hood and the other goes into the firewall about where the condinser coil would be ?

Old 08-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Default RE: Water Dripping Inside passenger side

Got it solved , I found the drain line , it is on the drivers side just next to the Accelorator cable but lower . You can just see the tip of the hose from underneath the car. ( Jacked up ) I blew air up the hose and water gushed out .

I also found out that there is a TSB on this which says only fix under warranty if complained about . The fix is installing a filter over the blower fan and cleaning out the debris.

I will be taking the car to the dealer to have them install the filter under warrenty. It is a simple task to do. Remove the glovebox ( once opened , on the left side there is a black rectangle plastic piece pull it towards you with your finger then pull it into the open glove box) then lower glove box down and remove. The area where the filter will go is right there , about 1 1/4" X 6" area that is halfway cut through , cut the rest with a knife and insert the filter . You have to buy the filter at the dealer . ( I would buy the filter first , just to be sure of the size hole to be cut . Then it says to fasten with sheet metal screws ( you can see where they go also)

I would suggest everyone have this done if they are in their 36 - 36 warenty ! It is a Mitsubishi TSB and they have to do it for warranty.

The deal is that debris gets in through the openings under the hood and then get ground up by the fan and there you have your clogging material . the filter stops this , and also means it will need to be cleaned periodicallly.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:28 AM

good stuff to know

Old 08-24-2005, 12:16 PM
JMC

Thanks man! I'm going to have to get this done now....just incase.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:22 AM

hey!! hey!!! beers for you dude!!!