Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

WeatherTec Cargo Liner Asked and Answered

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Default WeatherTec Cargo Liner Asked and Answered

I have a 2012 Outie Sport with subwoofer and I was confused about the shape of the WeatherTec cargo liner. Below is my email to WeatherTec and their reply:

I am interested in buying your cargo liner for my 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
The photo on your website shows a rectangular liner but my cargo area gets wider towards the rear of the vehicle. There is actually a little cargo box in the left rear corner.

Does your product:
1.cover the cargo box?
or

2. fit down into the cargo box?
or

3. leave the cargo box uncovered?

On the right rear I have a subwoofer which makes the right side pretty much straight instead of the flared side like on the left.
I have heard I will need to trim your liner for proper fitment around the subwoofer. Is this true?

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

Due to the design of the Outlander Sport cargo floor with the speaker in the right corner and the cargo box in the left corner, our cargo liner is just a basic rectangle that just covers the center section of the floor. The cargo box will not be covered on the left side and the subwoofer will not be covered on the right side. No trimming is necessary.

If you had the standard Outlander model, the subwoofer is located on the left side of the cargo area and the liner does include a trim mark that can be cut away to accommodate the speaker in that vehicle. However, this does not apply to the Outlander Sport.

Please let us know if you have further questions and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM

BTW, reply from MacNeil took 2 hours. Very nice !

Old 03-26-2013, 02:26 PM

MacNeil is a great company.