Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Weathertech mats worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Default Weathertech mats worth it?

I won't be in the snow alot but do go hiking and don't like dirt on the carpet mats. I was wondering if the weathertech floor mats are worth it, the weathertech runs $120 for just the front and $180 for the set.. a bit pricey.

Last edited by OutlanderGT; 08-02-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:27 PM

yes......

have em in both my vehicles.

Maybe cause i have kids tooo but you dont know how many times its saved my fabrice from juice, mud, ice cream..

AND

Puke....yes the kids puke in the car.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:42 PM

I think they are worth it. They completely cover the footwell. The dirt in the picture is from daily driving. My wife has heavy rubber mats in her car but they don't cover the sides and after a few years you could see where her heel rubs. The set for the rear was nice to have when my son got carsick. Wiping the floor mats is alot easier than steam cleaning them.

Attached Thumbnails Weathertech mats worth it?-2012-08-02-12.16.23.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 02:54 PM

Best mats I ever had.

In winter, salt normally creep every where in your foot well and is nearly impossible to remove but not with these. I have 2 winter on the Outlander and no trace of white crust on the carpet.

I have the triple set, Dual Front, long interconnected rear and Cargo compartment (the wife is an avid gardener).

Old 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM

Can you guys do me a favor and look under the perimeter where it covers the sides, floorliner etc.. there is no abrasion underneath after repeated usage?

And it doesn't give out any plastic or rubber smell on hot days, right..

Last edited by OutlanderGT; 08-02-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM

For me only, as it's a winter solution. I switch twice a year along with the tires.

No abrasion they are tight on the side. Nothing gets behind the sides.

The driver side does not move because of the hook on the floor BUT for the passenger side I added a few stick of Velcro underneath as it was prone to slide sideways when the passenger left the car That fixed it.

For the smell, this year I was really late in removing them and detected none but Quebec is not Arizona although this month has been a scorcher with temp in the mid 90 nearly every days.

I clean mine with a power washer

Old 08-02-2012, 05:57 PM

Chicago has had over thirty days with 90+ degree temps and roughly ten days of 100+ degree tennis and I have detected no odor at all. I have the front set and cargo liner. They are money well spent, and can be sold for almost full value on Ebay when you are done with them. Not trip mention the value they will help keep in your car. I highly recommend them. If you live in IL you can pouch then up from the factory and save yourself the $18 shipping. Also if you are LEO/Fire/EMS or military, call them for a substantial discount

Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 AM

I have them for the first and second rows and really do a great job (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...e-27495/page3/ post #25), I'm very happy with buying them because are the best. And do not worry, I have them for three years ago and will not scratch or abrassion signals in OEM plastic or carpet, and about smells, just nothing

Old 08-05-2012, 03:39 PM

Had them for 5 years. I like them but shouldve gone with black color. Gray ones are impossible to clean because of the texture.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:57 PM

I used Meguiar product and managed to restore the color black, but this must be done regularly and demand some time, so only two times I've done

Quick Reply: Weathertech mats worth it?