Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

What about the input hole under the nav screen?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 PM
Default RE: What about the input hole under the nav screen?

From the limited time I spent checking the vehicle out at the car show it seemed the jack is only accessiblewhen the nav screen is in the down position. If that's the case, that is one poorly designed interface.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:03 PM
JMC

yeah...you can only get to it when the screen is down. I asked the dealer, should I plug in my iPod and start driving with the screen down? I'm sure the Navi works great that way....

Old 03-06-2007, 01:19 AM

My minneapolis dealer said that input was for navigation upgrades. Look behind your console by your feet if you are in the 2nd row. You should find some audio inputs. The dealer said this was for Ipod's. I don't have an Ipod, so haven't tried it. Good luck.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:15 PM
JMC

The AV inputs...got that.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:08 AM

The hole might be for Nav updates or PC-link ups or for an iPod. I think that if the hole is near the radio area, it might be iPod, like many other cars. But I would check the car manual BEFORE sticking an iPod there or you might damage the Nav and then Mitsu will try to refuse warranty to fix the Nav.

As for the "clunk" or "clank"noise, it is when you drive forward after backing up?? I have had the same thing, they upgraded my ball bearing joints, still hear the noise only once!!! I think it's something else.... It is not the joints, they were fine before, they are still fine. The joints you hear them a few times when you turn, this issue is a once you turn the car on and touch the accelerator to move forward and "clank" you hear it.

I got a reply that it's the ABS system checking (it's a metal noise, like someone banged a metal againt a metal).... I cannot confirm 100% if the info about the ABS test is true/ from an accurate source or if there is somethign wrong with the car.

Good luck!
Chris