Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Windshield cost

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Default Windshield cost

We bought brand new 2016 Outlander and the windshield got a small crack, we have deductible but have been told by Crystal Glass replacement cost is $1,850.00 without GST. Stealership is $200.00 more than that. What!!!
This is in Calgary, Alberta. Its because of the brackets for the mirror sensors etc.

Also the FCM keeps going off after approx. 25 mins on sunny clear days. Dealership informed us that cruise will shut off after that time if it does not detect anything, after about 10 mins it will come back on, again WHAT??
Nothing like cruising along in fast lane with another car behind you and all of the sudden you're slowing down for no reason. Guy behind you flicks his high beams because he almost comes up your rear since you didn't actually brake. Dealership said this is NOT a defect and if we don't want this to happen hold down the cruise button until the long beep and it will activate only cruise without the "defective" FCM. Has anybody else heard this crap? Also wondering what replacement cost on expensive windshield is states side.
Thanks

Old 08-09-2016, 07:00 PM

Wow - sorry to hear about the cruise situation - I've never heard of this.

I am in the USA - and in the 20 odd years I've been driving, I've needed to replace maybe 3 or 4 windshields. I never paid a penny for any of them. Insurance takes care of it. (Just go to the glass shop, and they deal with insurance directly.) You did ask about stateside, so…

Old 08-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gumby789
We bought brand new 2016 Outlander and the windshield got a small crack, we have deductible but have been told by Crystal Glass replacement cost is $1,850.00 without GST. Stealership is $200.00 more than that. What!!!
This is in Calgary, Alberta. Its because of the brackets for the mirror sensors etc.

Also the FCM keeps going off after approx. 25 mins on sunny clear days. Dealership informed us that cruise will shut off after that time if it does not detect anything, after about 10 mins it will come back on, again WHAT??
Nothing like cruising along in fast lane with another car behind you and all of the sudden you're slowing down for no reason. Guy behind you flicks his high beams because he almost comes up your rear since you didn't actually brake. Dealership said this is NOT a defect and if we don't want this to happen hold down the cruise button until the long beep and it will activate only cruise without the "defective" FCM. Has anybody else heard this crap? Also wondering what replacement cost on expensive windshield is states side.
Thanks
These are the only guys I trust working on my windshields, maybe you can find a store close to the border or just call in for pricing.
https://www.safelite.com

Old 08-10-2016, 12:29 PM

wow... that's ridiculous repair cost...sorry for you ... BTW 4 years ago I had replaced my 2011 Outy GT windshield for 400 ..thanks Safelite

Old 08-10-2016, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ceelogreen
wow... that's ridiculous repair cost...sorry for you ... BTW 4 years ago I had replaced my 2011 Outy GT windshield for 400 ..thanks Safelite
Apparently it is because the brackets in the windshield for the box behind the mirror. We are being told that there is no aftermarket for this 2016 outlander gt which has rain sensor, lane departure warning and heating area for wiper blades. They are still trying to verify windshield type as Mitsubishi only list windshields with 2 options but not 3 which is what we have on our GT. Might wait for aftermarket model is its not too long. I am tempted to actually phone a Mit dealer states side to see what the cost is there

Old 08-10-2016, 02:57 PM

Have you had any issues with the Adaptive Cruise Control going offline?

Old 10-25-2020, 07:37 PM
Unhappy

I have a 2017 Outlander Sport AWD and the cruise just quits and displays the message "ACC not currently available, radar blocked" (or similar verbiage). This happens for no apparent reason. Just last week I traveled 530 km (320 miles) in perfect, sunny weather and the cruise quit on me 15 times! Could not find any way to get it to resume, just had to wait (about 10 minutes) and then the message disappeared and I could engage the cruise again. Anybody have this problem?