Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

is it worth to put K&N air filter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:55 PM

i would say no.... dont do it

i have had them in all my rides.

only do it if you pay very close attention to how you re-oil the filter. To much oil damages the engine. Until K and N makes a better way to oil it other then an arasal can.... i would say no. cant control the amount oil being applied and the excess oil gets sucked into the air sensors of the car.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by purehypeballer
i would say no.... dont do it

i have had them in all my rides.

only do it if you pay very close attention to how you re-oil the filter. To much oil damages the engine. Until K and N makes a better way to oil it other then an arasal can.... i would say no. cant control the amount oil being applied and the excess oil gets sucked into the air sensors of the car.
yep, on some of the Ranger boards I watch, some types of engines are more susceptible to this. For the Rangers, it oils up the idle air controller. There are other brands out there for the Rangers, no idea about the Outlander.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Banned

Are you kidding me?

That is NOT the filters fault, it's the morons using them. Follow the instructions.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:43 AM

nope

I guess if you know how to follow them to the T, go for it...but some have had problems. I choose to run stock...it works for me and get great performance anyway.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Banned

K&N filters are being supplied from factory by auto manufacturers.

If someone can't follow basic instructions they need to put down the tool box and just die.

The only reason anyone would experience a problem with these filters is with user error. With rare exception of manufacturer defect.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:31 PM

I'm not being sarcastic with this, but I think that is pretty interesting. what autos are coming with K&N from the factory?

a lot of people joke, if the aftermarket has a product that adds horsepower, why wouldn't the manufacturer use it and exploit the power gain.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:50 AM

I don't think the drop-ins are worth it. The restriction probably isn't the air filter.and they don't filter as well.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:09 PM

If I were you, message K&N and ask them to produce performance air intake pipe for Outie so we can change the air intake system and get better horsepower and or gas mileage.
I am thinking of adding a supercharger in my car so I would suggest you not to do it until they release a new performance air intake system for 2nd gen Outie. It is gonna be more fun driving your Outie but a little expensive. But anyway, it is your decision deciding what you want to buy.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst
I'm not being sarcastic with this, but I think that is pretty interesting. what autos are coming with K&N from the factory?

a lot of people joke, if the aftermarket has a product that adds horsepower, why wouldn't the manufacturer use it and exploit the power gain.

Because it's not worth it for car manufacturers to include these "aftermarket" parts, as majority of the end users don't even care about horsepower.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:24 AM

Had my drop-in since 08. Paid about $43 something at kragen if I remember correctly after a $10 dollar coupon.

I've only cleaned it once since buying it. I'm satisfied with the product so far.

Performance wise.....probably not as much as you would hope for but you'll probably recoup your investment compared to oem replacement filter after 2 years depending on your driving conditions. Remember that it's an additional $10 bucks for the cleaning kit.

Quick Reply: is it worth to put K&N air filter?