Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

XLS features USA vs Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Default XLS features USA vs Canada

Hi everyone I have been watching this forum for a few months and picked up my outlander xls 4wd with navi 2 weeks ago. I love the vehicle and was wondering what the feature differences are between the US version and Canadian version if any.I live inCanada by the way.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Default RE: XLS features USA vs Canada

Welcome to the forum and congrats on a fine fine purchase! The XLS versions are virtually the same with some exceptions. In Canada, the XLS comes loaded, there are no options. In the US, there is a base XLS with the ability to add items such as rear entertainment system, navigation system, sunroof, etc. Also the US has a choice of interior leather colour being black or beige. Assuming we compare a loaded US XLS with its Canadian counterpart, here are the major differences (I'll leave out the obvious metric/imperial and english/french labelling):

US - HID headlights standard, driving lights in fog light position, fog lights are not an option.
Canada - HID headlights are not an option.

There is also some debate whether certain US versions have heated mirrors or not. In Canada, you have heated mirrors for sure.

Everything else is the same.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't think i had heated mirrors but i will have to check that one. I can't understand why we can't get the HID headlights. I still think the vehicle is awesome though.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 PM

I have a U.S. XLS and it does indeed have heated side mirrors. I don't recall seeing anything in the manual about it and most of the dealers don't know if it does or doesn't...

Old 06-13-2007, 08:33 PM

Stupid question, how can you tell if there heated?

Old 06-13-2007, 09:09 PM

Crack an egg and put it on the mirror. JK. Turn on the rear defroster and feel the side mirrors and see if they get warmer.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 PM

Wow they heat up fast. I can't believe there's no info on that anywhere. This forum really is helpful,I'm still kinda choked about the lights though.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:44 PM

Canadian XLS comes with cargo cover,which in the US is a separate accesory.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:44 PM

The stock lights are more than adequate, infact I was concerned they were too bright. You really notice it on a road without street lights. So I wouldnt loose any sleep over it.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:06 AM

How much better are the HID lights over the stock ones?

Quick Reply: XLS features USA vs Canada