Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Xtool d7 scanner and diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 05:17 AM

Hey Outlaander Could you please guide me as to where you purchased the XTOOL device. Much appreciated my fellow Albertan!

Old 06-21-2023, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by mymitsy
Hey Outlaander Could you please guide me as to where you purchased the XTOOL device. Much appreciated my fellow Albertan!
Fellow Albertan, here's a link to the D7 (notice the $100 coupon):
Amazon Amazon

Old 06-22-2023, 09:05 AM

AH thank you for that!

I stumbled across this website today. Maybe something of use in there?

2021 MUT-3 MUT-III Mitsubishi Diagnostic Software Free DownloadAuto Repair Technician Home (car-auto-repair.com)

Old 06-22-2023, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by mymitsy
AH thank you for that!

I stumbled across this website today. Maybe something of use in there?

2021 MUT-3 MUT-III Mitsubishi Diagnostic Software Free DownloadAuto Repair Technician Home (car-auto-repair.com)
If you already have a laptop, that may be a good software to use. I emphasize may. As I wrote earlier in this thread, I went that route 10 years ago and for 10 years it worked well until our laptop recently died. Obviously, you'll need to buy connectors/cables to interface between your laptop and the vehicle's OBD port, but, luckily for you, that stuff is now much less expensive than it used to be. If you do go that route, I hope you post your experience with it.

I must add that the D7 is useful for a wide variety of manufacturers and vehicles. There are many Utube videos of the D7 being used.

Last edited by Outlaander; 06-22-2023 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-25-2023, 09:49 AM

I hate quoting myself, but I will do so on this occasion.

Originally Posted by Outlaander
We now have, in addition to our 2 OEM keys, the Chinese clone that I mentioned earlier and it also now works perfectly. The total cost of the clone key was $42 CAD, including $10 to get its metal emergency key cut at a local locksmith. I might buy another clone and then we'll have four working keys, two of which will be at-the-ready for the 14-year-old OEM keys to fail, which they eventually will.

So far, we like the D7 very much, but I've got a lot to learn about it before its return period expires.
Last Friday I received another key from the same seller. In short, because I now know exactly the easiest way to program a new key, after copnnecting the D7 to our vehicle and turning the ignition to on, the D7 and I programmed that new key in less than two minutes. And now we have two new replacements for the two 14-year-old OEM keys when they inevitably fail.

(From the moment you tell the D7 to actually begin programming a new key, the "successful" message appears about 3 seconds later. Then some short steps are taken, including pressing the lock buttons twice on ALL previously programmed remotes to ensure that the vehicle adds them to its, for lack of a better expression, "key library". All of this takes place in well under two minutes. However, I must say that the D7's prompts are, presently, anyway, insufficient for its new, inexperienced buyer. Supposedly these prompts are going to be updated because of my experience, but I'm not holding my breath. If you buy a D7 and want to program another key, come back to this thread; ask how to do it and I'll tell you exactly how to procede and be successful.)

Old 09-13-2023, 02:22 PM

What vehicle model are you using the MK808 on? I have a 2013 Outlander (GF) with the 4N14 diesel engine. I contacted sales@autelsale.co.uk, gave them exact vehicle details, as well as a list of error codes that the local garage had read for me. I asked for recommended Autel products that could read those codes and deal with all aspects of DPF (read sensors, reset codes, etc). Their response was: "Hi, i have confirmed all the details and functions you need with Autel team, no recommend for you. No device support the functions and your vehicle." I don't expect the mid range products to be perfect, but I'd expect them to make some recommendations, even with a few caveats.

Old 09-16-2023, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by mits-out
What vehicle model are you using the MK808 on? I have a 2013 Outlander (GF) with the 4N14 diesel engine. I contacted sales@autelsale.co.uk, gave them exact vehicle details, as well as a list of error codes that the local garage had read for me. I asked for recommended Autel products that could read those codes and deal with all aspects of DPF (read sensors, reset codes, etc). Their response was: "Hi, i have confirmed all the details and functions you need with Autel team, no recommend for you. No device support the functions and your vehicle." I don't expect the mid range products to be perfect, but I'd expect them to make some recommendations, even with a few caveats.
Some DPF errors were impossible to erase even with MUT3 for me. I had to re-initialize the whole DPF (function one need run when dpf is replaced) and force dpf re-generation. Only then errors can be erased.

So, yes, no surprise that most of the tools will not support such complex (and proprietary) operations. But these operations and related issues are the main net income for workshops. I guess Mitsu (and all other car makers) made it deliberately complicated, otherwise any car owner would fix it with a cheap tool whithin few minutes

Old 09-16-2023, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by daem0n

But these operations and related issues are the main net income for workshops. I guess Mitsu (and all other car makers) made it deliberately complicated, otherwise any car owner would fix it with a cheap tool whithin few minutes
This is exactly correct. I've been saying for at least the last 23 years that the manufacturers should provide an optional OBD hardware/software package that would allow the owner of the vehicle to diagnose and fix any problem that the manufacturers' own scanners can. Tack on to the already-astronomical price of the vehicle another thousand or so dollars for that option. DIYrs would jump for that option.

Unfortunately, vehicles are also deliberately desgined to be difficult and time-consuming to maintain mechanically. There's labor-rate gold in them thar hills, too. FWIW, had I fully realized the inherent difficulties in maintaining a tranversly-mounted V6 engine with a timing belt versus timing chain, I never would have bought a V6 Outlander, and I would not have bought a 4-cyl because it was only offered with a CVT. So I would have bought some other SUV that had a naturally-aspirated 4-cyl AND traditional auto trans -- probably a RAV 4, and tacked on an astronomically-expenseve, as-long-as-possible extended warranty. Mitusbishi's transferable 10-year warrantly in Canada was one thing that attracted me to a Mit. vehicle in the first place. With our vehicle now having no warranty, I either fix the vehicle myself or get hosed at the dealer or slightly less-so somewhere else............... which is why I bought the clone MUT ten years ago and the XTOOL recently (the abilities of the latter I've still only scratched the surface).

Old 07-07-2024, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mitsui567
I have the Autel MK808, so far iv used it to regen and turn off an oil light that many scan tool will fail to turn off and your forced to take it to the dealer to reset. Iv also tested the key coding which it failed at but other more powerful scan tools succeeded in coding key to start engine but failed to code key to remotely open the doors. You will find these scan tools have certain functions available to communicate with your car in a bidirectional manor but sometimes will fail to communicate with a particular aspect of your vehicle.

When I get time I will have a look and see if it has TPMS.

My advice to you is get an Autel as they have special functions, active tests, and an impressive amount of mitsubishi updates.

Key here is buy direct from Autel or the scan tool company you chose, to avoid disappointment upon discovering it's a fake as you will get no updates or customer support.
Autel mk808bt not working to reset on my epb mitsubishi outlander 2022, autel tell me the gateway on my ECU is the problem is lock. anyone had something to share what tool for EPB to reset rather than do it manualy