Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Yakima rack on a 2010 Outlander GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Default Yakima rack on a 2010 Outlander GT

Hi,

Has anybody of you tried to fit a yakima rack fit kit on a 2010 outlander GT? I am trying to fit the setup that I bought from yakima itself but when I came to installing it, I didnt find any pre-existing holes to install the landing pads.

I also looked under the plastic "rain gutter" strip near the edges of the roof but only can find "flat looking hook points. Since it is riveted to the roof but at the same time is elevated off of it I decided that it could be a possible mounting point. I would just need to drill into it to make my own mounting holes.

Now, to help with the task, I am trying to take out/pry out the plastic "rain gutter". Do you guys have any tips on how to pry those out without causing damage to it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by jayczer0one
Hi,

Has anybody of you tried to fit a yakima rack fit kit on a 2010 outlander GT? I am trying to fit the setup that I bought from yakima itself but when I came to installing it, I didnt find any pre-existing holes to install the landing pads.

I also looked under the plastic "rain gutter" strip near the edges of the roof but only can find "flat looking hook points. Since it is riveted to the roof but at the same time is elevated off of it I decided that it could be a possible mounting point. I would just need to drill into it to make my own mounting holes.

Now, to help with the task, I am trying to take out/pry out the plastic "rain gutter". Do you guys have any tips on how to pry those out without causing damage to it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Are you trying to mount the kit to your rain gutters? Can't you just get a crossbar kit that mounts to the factory roof rails? or does your car not have roof rails?

Old 01-08-2012, 02:55 AM

theres no roof rails on the GT only on the lower models though. ain't even a predrilled mounting holes.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by jayczer0one
theres no roof rails on the GT only on the lower models though. ain't even a predrilled mounting holes.
didn't realize that. good to know.
have you seen this?:
2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT - Car Forums - Edmunds

check out posts 56 and 59. I know you got a yakima, but if you can't figure out how to mount it, maybe you could return it and get a thule, as that one looks like it mounts up nicely with no drilling..