Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Zero GPS Signal

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Default Zero GPS Signal

I just got my MMCS replaced by the worst dealership in the world (Ft Walton Beach FL location) because the hinge unit was broken and would only open sporadically. I checked it before I left the dealership and the GPS appeared to be working with a map, voice commands etc, but when I got down the road I discovered that it was showing me in Pennsylvania instead of Florida. I called the dealer and they said they weren't sure what the fix was so I should bring it back in. After several issues, they have broke more things than they have fixed, so I'm going to find another dealer.

I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a way to reset the location so I will receive a gps signal. I think I may not receive the signal because the location is so far off, but I could be completely wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Default RE: Zero GPS Signal

Try parking the car outside with a clear view of the sky and leave the ignition key on ACC (or running) for 5-10 minutes and see if it gets a GPS fix on its own. You should be able to watch the satellite screen (under INFO) to see how many satellites are in view. It might take 5-10 minutes after seeing at least 4 satellites to get the fix.

Failing that, check to see if they even bothered to connect the GPS antenna.... maybe someone else has wiring diagrams to show where the GPS antenna is connected (I think its underneath the dash so it gets its signal through the windshield).