Mitsubishi Raider The sybling truck to the Dodge Dakota, this sporty pickup combines versatility with economy.

MODS?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Default RE: MODS?!?!

i got tired of trying to find a cold air intake for the 3.7l raider, so i made a short ram myself. i can make it for anyone else that is interested. i can get pics if interested tonight. i love it, it looks good, nice and clean looking. i love it.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:13 PM

pics?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: RMUDBUGS

pics?
will post up tonight, i am at work right now. its nothing super fancy, but verynice, clean looking, cheap, and using a k&n filter on it.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:27 PM

Sorry for the late post with pics, but here they are. My home-made Short Ram Intake w/K&N Filter. Let me know what you think. I can make these for anyone that is interested for cheap. I was seeing that all the short ram intakes for the 3.7l v6 raider go for roughly 200 shipped. I know i can beat that price by half w/shipping;Includes, clamps, filter, intake pipe, filter for blow-by tube, and the rubber bushing needed. If interested I can look into for sure to see what I could do it for including shipping.

Its a lil dirty under the hood, but I will clean it up this weekend and everything and take better pics, these were just quick pics to give everyone an idea of what it looks like, I am no where near finished . I am going to make a bracket that holds the breather filter (for blow-by tube) on the firewall that uses the stock nuts and bolts and stuff. Everything I have done above is takes about 10 min to install by a newbie installer, it is that easy, plus with the way it is ran and done (above) you dont have to worry about extra brackets holding it up or anything. This has been onmy truck for a week now and not a single problem at all. I will take more pics this weekend when I finish with it and get it cleaned up for everyone.

Please give me your input, do you like or not? Any suggestions in improve it? I am open to opinions. If I can improve it in any way to make people interested in it, please let me know.
I am doing this for those that want to mod the truck, but don't want to pay the outrages prices for the items.

If interested in one, please shoot me a pm and let me know, please include your address, so I can check on shipping costs.

Also I can paint them if interested. choice of colors will be Black, Red, Blue, Chrome Red, Chrome Blue, or Polished as above.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:47 AM

Not bad for a cheap alturnative. Hows it sound. It would give you better performance and sound if you could get rid of the resatator (black box attacted to the throttle body) too.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 AM

it did give a lil deep mellow sound, very quiet, u cant hear it with radio on or windows down in the cab. i could tell better throttle response and off take off, i can punch it and it'll actually spin a lil bit, lol.

This weekend i am pulling the box over the engine and modifying the whole thing to allow more air flow to increase the power and open the sound up more. i am going to use the stock bolting spots for the intake.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:52 PM

Hello, there isn't much aftermarket support, looking for bed rail caps. 6.5 bed ? They made it enough different than the Dakota so some stuff doesn't fit. I'm not liking the tailights, but overall a very nice truck.