04 Outlander Fuel Filter Replacement - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:23 PM

Default 04 Outlander Fuel Filter Replacement

Hello guys! I'm fairly new in this forum..i would like to ask instructions on the location and how to replace the fuel filter for my 04 outlander. i just wasted around $80 from an automotive shop trying to diagnose my problem. the thing is my vehicle is idling to low. when i reach a stop sign it drops drastically to almost shutting down. then i thought maybe my battery is almost done so have it replaced with a new one and the problem persisted. then my friend told me that it could be a clog in my fuel system so ill to replace my fuel filter then go from there. i hope that you guys could help me with the location and instructions on how to replace it. i'm more of a DIY guy just to get through with the cost to do this kind of things.. thank you
Old 06-02-2017, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoneyz View Post
Hello guys! I'm fairly new in this forum..i would like to ask instructions on the location and how to replace the fuel filter for my 04 outlander. i just wasted around $80 from an automotive shop trying to diagnose my problem. the thing is my vehicle is idling to low. when i reach a stop sign it drops drastically to almost shutting down. then i thought maybe my battery is almost done so have it replaced with a new one and the problem persisted. then my friend told me that it could be a clog in my fuel system so ill to replace my fuel filter then go from there. i hope that you guys could help me with the location and instructions on how to replace it. i'm more of a DIY guy just to get through with the cost to do this kind of things.. thank you
On 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander you can access the fuel pump without dropping the fuel tank

You will need to remove the rear seats to gain access to the pump. The seat bottom pulls up at either front center section then you can slide the seat bottom out

Once the seat is out you will see a large steel cover that is screwed to the frame. Remove this cover and the fuel pump module will be directly under the cover. Disconnect the lines and electrical and then remove the 8mm bolts holding it to the tank

When considering a fuel pump replacement, always either manually checks the pump to see if it works on its own, or use a scan tool to verify if you have crank position sensor signal. If the crank sensor goes out, the fuel pump will not work and often gets misdiagnosed
Attached Thumbnails
04 Outlander Fuel Filter Replacement-2012-08-29_233042_capture.jpg   04 Outlander Fuel Filter Replacement-2012-08-29_233150_capture.jpg   04 Outlander Fuel Filter Replacement-2012-08-29_233245_capture.jpg  

Last edited by catacami; 06-02-2017 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:03 PM

This may be your oil pressure sensor. Does your oil light come on?