New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hello all, new here

Old 05-20-2019, 04:43 PM
Default Hello all, new here

Hello all, new to the forums. Figure I'd finally break down and join a forum since Facebook groups are so **** about asking questions.
Brief bio on me. I'm 30, yet young at heart lol. I live north of Pittsburgh. I've owned a variety of cars (mostly "import") I know my way around the garage and most backyard mechanic sorta repairs. Cars I'm most familiar with is the 1gn dodge neons, 2g eclipse (420a).

Fast forward some. So I got a 98 gst spyder automatic for free, me and my buddy traded projects. Its ugly but clean as hell rust wise. Upon getting it. It had atleast 1 spung bearing. So tore the motor and transmission out, sanded and painted the bay. Replaced the bottom end. Car came with very minimal of parts I needed. Last few months I rebuild the motor (new gaskets, belts, h2o pump, timing components blah blah. Got it finally back together and in the car. I need to replace the speed sensor still and figure out all these vac lines and rat nest of wires under the dash.

Only mods I'm doing atm are a cold air intake, greddy type-s bov, and hallman mbc. I'm also going to be runing a boost gauge, oil pressure and air/fuel. And 3" turbo back megan racing exhaust

I need help mainly with stuff I come across

Last edited by 98_GST_spyder; 05-20-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by 98_GST_spyder
Hello all, new to the forums. Figure I'd finally break down and join a forum since Facebook groups are so **** about asking questions.
Brief bio on me. I'm 30, yet young at heart lol. I live north of Pittsburgh. I've owned a variety of cars (mostly "import") I know my way around the garage and most backyard mechanic sorta repairs. Cars I'm most familiar with is the 1gn dodge neons, 2g eclipse (420a).

Fast forward some. So I got a 98 gst spyder automatic for free, me and my buddy traded projects. Its ugly but clean as hell rust wise. Upon getting it. It had atleast 1 spung bearing. So tore the motor and transmission out, sanded and painted the bay. Replaced the bottom end. Car came with very minimal of parts I needed. Last few months I rebuild the motor (new gaskets, belts, h2o pump, timing components blah blah. Got it finally back together and in the car. I need to replace the speed sensor still and figure out all these vac lines and rat nest of wires under the dash.

Only mods I'm doing atm are a cold air intake, greddy type-s bov, and hallman mbc. I'm also going to be runing a boost gauge, oil pressure and air/fuel. And 3" turbo back megan racing exhaust

I need help mainly with stuff I come across

I'll try and upload pictures, worse case they're on my ig (dont worry I only have it for my car nothing more) mitsubishi_1988