New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Looking to buy 2016 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Copper penny
Krakker, you sound like me, when I got mine. Even thou I didn't get the 2016 model. I got the 2015 SE S-AWC I really Didn't whant the GT with the V6. I needed the Rebates of the 2015 to eat up my Negitive EQ so I had to stick with the 2015. The only thing I wish I could of gotten on mine was the Sunroof, and the Navigation. But other then that I love the color I got Copper.
I hear ya; I almost got the 15 due to the price drop rebates they had. (4K off) but with my trade and the color I liked, it was OK for me to get the 16.
The wife already has a 14 model, and after driving both, I can say I'm VERY glad I got the newer model. All that "stuff" they did with chassis bracing, and sound insulation really paid off. This thing seals up like a Lexus GX.
Most of the tech mods just get in the way of the drive. I want to drive the car, I don't want it to drive me. I got 70 miles of mostly open road to take each day. I want to enjoy it..... I miss the turbo, but that don't mean I'm gonna lay back and NOT improve on what I'm driving. For me it's the fun part. anyone can have a car, etc. and drive it. Modding and customizing are my passions. This will just be one more ride that gets the mad scientist out of my head... lol

Old 12-05-2015, 08:57 AM

Interesting - My 2013 has the DOHC, so I naturally assumed the newer ones would, too. Wonder why they would go to a SOHC?

Old 12-05-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by The Silent Seed
Interesting - My 2013 has the DOHC, so I naturally assumed the newer ones would, too. Wonder why they would go to a SOHC?
Not sure on that one. definitely NOT the best change IMO, but they only went down 2HP and improved the CVT in 2014 and 2016. So with the improvements to the trans (despite the SOHC) they are quicker to get going and have improved the MPG's by 3-4. The only thing really keeping the newer motor from being a 4B12 is the head. I'll probably be looking for a 2013 head since it's the newest version that the Outlander used.
Having done the Pulley before in the 13 OS, I can attest that it's really a worthwhile improvement.
With your 4B12, you've already got a good mill to start modding for some power. Get busy. lol

Old 12-07-2015, 12:30 PM

According to some other sources, our US Outlander may miss some hardware to enable certain features like auto lock. But again, for the money I paid, I can live with it.

I really wanted a SE S-AWC. But my local dealer could not find one in surrounding area.

2016 model did improve a lot. I also test-drove RAV4 and Nissan Rogue. 2016 Outlander is much quieter. And the acceleration is not worse, if not better, than those two vehicles that have more horse power.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:31 AM
Default Outlander Blog

I recieved my 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GXh3+ edition in Titanium grey in december 2015.
I have started a blog with pictures and some reviews of the car. I will be doing long term tests of the car which you can read about if you click this link: Pluginhybrid - En blogg om hybridbilar

Last edited by Grafikstudion; 01-07-2016 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:48 AM
Smile

Awesome!!!! Outlander!!! You will have to keep us posted on your test Drives

Old 01-07-2016, 06:53 AM

Guxu, Congrates!!!! On your New Outlander!!! I have the 2015 SE S-AWC and I'm not sure what Feature your talking about? But I really love mine, she is Copper in color.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:02 AM

Guxu, you must be talking about the Auto lock where when u stop it don't roll back? Mine does Great on that.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:29 PM
Default 2016 Outlander SE

We've had our 2016 Outlander SE front wheel drive for 6 months and it has been terrific. We drove to Florida and back and were comfortable all the way, even with eight hours of almost steady driving each day. The vehicle is quiet and the 4 cylinder engine is plenty responsive and powerful, while providing great gas mileage. Since we spend the winter in Florida, we carry a lot of stuff back and forth, and we were very pleased at how much we could fit into Mitsy's cargo area. We added one feature that has proven to be worth every cent, and that is the Panasonic touch screen with backup camera. It also has blue tooth and a great sound. We had some complaints about the transmission jerking at certain speeds, but that has been taken care of by the reprogramming that was done as a result of a recall notice. One other glitch is the inaccuracy of the speedometer. It reads about 5 to 7 kilometers per hour faster than it should. I recently asked about this but haven't yet had a response. We are Canadian (thus the kilometers) and with the value of our dollar we paid more than you would in the USA, so I won't quote our purchase price.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:31 PM

What did you get for mpg on your Florida trip?

Quick Reply: Looking to buy 2016 Outlander