New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

new to forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Default new to forum

hi i just joined, was chking out posts and such on eclipses, im about to go pick up a 99 eclipse that has a locked up 2.0l and keys are lost but good clean and clear title. im tradeing a 95 lincoln towncar executive series that i bought for parts for 300 but never did anything with except fix its oil leak and do an oil change. decided i was going to pic up a project that id like to spend time working on. i was wondering what all would be some good mods and upgrades to consider after either rebuilding or swapping motor for a used one. also how much would a new key for the eclipse cost. gonna make this my winter project and have a few ideas but would like loads more. im only one mind in a sea of many. im kinda nerdy and love my old cartoons and comics and am pretty sure ima do a ninja turtles theme on the outside of it paintwise or do a venom/spidy theme. but back to topic. i was wondering if doing a rebuild would be a smart move or if i should look for a used one to swap. how hard would it be to do a rebuild. possible to save locked motor. whatever knowledge you have to throw my way im all eyes ears and attention. dont get me wrong though im ok with cars but the mitsubishis and other stump me.