New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New to the forum and lost 2001 Montero Sport 3.0 OIL LEAKS

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 10:42 PM
Default New to the forum and lost 2001 Montero Sport 3.0 OIL LEAKS

Hi guys. Small back story i. I hit a deer and totaled my old car and wasn't looking for another payment so i found a 2001 Montero Sport XLS 3.0. I bought it at night and paid 1500 for it with 195k miles. It runs great and is in pretty good shape just needing little things. Drove it to work the next day and it was pouring oil. After some research i suspected the passenger front cam seal so i replaced that and it slowed the leak down but is still using about 3 quarts on a 45 min drive. check the rear cam seals and dont see any oil coming from them. it looks to be all coming from the passenger side and falling on the alternator and exhaust. This is my only form of transportation and i have to have it fixed by monday to commute to work. planned on doing front and rear cam seals, valve cover gaskets, and oil pan gaskets. i checked the front crank seal and its dry. I was just wondering if yall had any other idea on where that much oil could be coming from. also the pcv valve rattles as it should but the hose it hard as a rock so that will be replaced also. thanks in advance guys. i love the car and want to drive it a while and it runs and drives great i just cant keep oil in it