New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New to the Forum, not new to Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Default New to the Forum, not new to Mitsubishi

Hello everyone,

I just joined, having just won an eBay auction for a 1994 Mitsubishi Mirage ($510 USD, how cool is that). I am a former owner of a 1996 Eclipse RS which I bought new and basically drove the wheels off, finally trading it in on a Jeep Cherokee, which my wife now drives (she claimed it as hers, I dare not say her nay).

Given the high price of gasoline, I started looking around for a car that gets better mileage than my current ride, a Kia Sorento (15 MPG city). I needed a car and not a motorcycle because Detroit roads will kill you if the other drivers don't, otherwise I'd be up on two wheels again. I looked at the Hondas and Toyotas, and I like 'em, but they seem to be going for a lot of money right now, and (IMHO), too many of them have been 'tuned' and thereby ruined (not dissing tuners, in my day we called it 'souping up' or 'hotrodding' and I destroyed a pair of '69 Dodge Chargers and a '72 Ford Maverick and '72 Chevy Vega that way too). So that left me with domestics like the small cars from Ford and Chevy (often captive imports anyway) and the less-famous Japanese imports, such as Subaru, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Mazda, and perhaps a few of the V-dubs (I've owned a '69 bug, too).

I hate to say it, but it basically came down to price - and tonight, luck fell my way (or did it - haven't picked the car up yet, you never know when you buy a pig in a poke what you're going to get). So it appears I'm in the Mitsubishi mood again.

And that's more or less it. I'm also an avid photographer and audio enthusiast, in case anyone else here might be as well. I live in North Carolina but work in Detroit - modern life, eh?

Best,

Bill Mattocks

Old 06-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Banned
Default RE: New to the Forum, not new to Mitsubishi

Cool first post!

Welcome to the forums : )

We are currently having a **** load of issues, and its not likely they will be fixed soon because....well who the hell knows.