New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

new member but not new to tuning

Old 01-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Default new member but not new to tuning

okay guys here we go im a new miysu owner i recently came across a 98 eclispe spyder gst and w/ it being winter here in ohio i dont see getting it out till spring i have driven this car before and loved every second of it . its a great car i was able to talk my step mom out of it for 6,500 in near mint condition yea for me lol i have been tuning hondas and acuras for years and racing them every year since i got into the sport . i am a mechanic at a shop down the street from my house and ill tell you life couldnt be bettrer for a tuner . but seriously i have put a lot of wrench time in on my civics which i own a pair and now im growing tired of having a run of the mill civic i mean civics come a dime a dozen and any moron w/ a nice set6 of tools can make these things fast so i decided to jump to the triple diamond as this company has a better platform to start off w/ as far as future plans for the eclispe im going to mildly modify it and hopefully turn it into a weekend worrior that can run a low 10 so well see what happens and i want to do it under 7,000 (purchase price not included ) , okay ill break down my experiance 93civic ex h22a swap boosted to 9 lbs = 10.3 1/4 mile, 94 civic dx b18c5 swap boosted w/ nos 10.5 1/4mile so going fast in a honda whoooo hooo who gives a crap well now its time to go mitsu i look forward to chatting w/ you guys in the forums and helping you guys out on your problems so ill see you in the future

Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: new member but not new to tuning

10.3 1/4mile at only 9psi of boost!! WTF? Thats seems pretty strange. But i dont know anything about boosted honda's so i cant really asy. All i can tell you is that the 4g63 is a great engine to build up. And if you plan on getting in the 10's you probably want to look at a GT35r for a turbo or a 42r. And im sure you know youll need to fully build up the internals. And for tuning with the DSM's. check out DSMlink. They are a great tunnig device. Unless you plan on stand alone, which then EMS is the way to go.

BTW welcome

Old 01-16-2007, 04:46 PM

hey wow the engineer replied to methat made my day but ill explain a littel about why the honda can do what it does the h22a is a 195hp motor in a 1800 lb car then boost it 9lbs and drop your compression and its over with youve got a car that 1/3 of the weight is the motor and trans thats why you get all the guys that can tune a honda and honda internals can usually hold 95-100 hp more than they are sold at hence why you can run a honda motor as hard as you want stock and you wont have problems and engine swaps are so easy but this isnt a honda forum . well any how thx for the advice as far as engine management ill check out dsmlink and im sure unlike a honda can you switch pistons and what not to get small gains ive built a few mini me swaps basically swapping heads how similar are mitsu motors or am i looking at buying all aftermarket in the world of triple diamonds

Old 01-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

Sorry but i dont believe that... i would need to see some footage.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:47 PM

welcome to the site. any fast car is cool to me

Dynos graphs, videos please.... that would be sweet , but Who really comes online and boasts without proof really? What were the 60fts and trap speeds?

Old 01-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

yea i kinda want to see a time slip. I still kinda find it hard to believe. What turbo are you running on it? And also what is the HP your running on the honda's