New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

newbie, 93 eclipse tranny swap! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Question newbie, 93 eclipse tranny swap! HELP!

Hey everybody. new to the mitsu game, but ive gotten my hands dirty on quite a few other projects. i recently bought a 93 1.8 for 400 bucks with shipping and of course it wasnt what the guy said it was but by this point i was so in love with the car and so deep into replacing the head gasket that ive decided to give this car the T.L.C. that this car has been neglected for the last 10 years (and cuz its only got 120k!). Anyways, as i stated the guy said it needed a new head gasket, so me and my buddy got our hands dirty the last two days and after taking the heads off i saw something that angered me a lot. The guy, whos going into the marines to work on tanks as a mechanic, didnt "know" that the bellhousing had a hole big enough to fit a small hand through! after an angry conversation with the kid i bought the car off of i decided to take it as a blessing and see about turning this car into a 5speed. my buddys read quite a bit about doing it to civics, hes a honda head, and doesnt think it would be that bad. So if anyone has done this before id like some personal advice? a parts list? and like to know about how many hours it would take for 2 backyard joes with help from a trained mechanic to do this swap? computor conversion or would i need a stickshift computor? thanks for reading my novel of an explanation and for any responces!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

The hardest part is installing the pedal assembly, I'd suggest doing that first. Your gonna need to to cut out holes for the clutch master cylinder and shifter cables.

Parts list
-trans
-shifter assembly
-shifter cables
-clutch master cylinder
-slave cylinder
-clutch kit
-lines from master to slave
-flywheel
-pedal assembly

I think thats most of it lol.