Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

FMIC install Q's and BOV install

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Default FMIC install Q's and BOV install

hey guys, well i bought a Ebay FMIC kit and if came with all piping and a bov (ssqv knockoff) well the bov has two snap rings and an o ring and im not sure how to install it onto the pipe, also how am i supposed to recirculate it? also iw as wondering how do i put the piping onto the setup because there were no instructions on which pipe goes where, they just gave me the pipes and said it fits my car. so any help will be appreciated. thanks
-shane

Old 04-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: FMIC install Q's and BOV install

i see a nightmare coming with this setup because its ebay and knockoff, so who knows if it fits. I have alot of questions first. Did they give you the pipe for the bov with the bung already welded on it? so that the other end of the snap on peice is on the pipe. But the way your supposed to install it is to put the o-ring under the flange on the BOV, obviously to create a seal. Then when you place the bov into the flange on the pipe, youll notice that there is a groove in the peice on the pipe. This i where the snap on peice goes. You take some small needlenose and pull it together and try and fit it in there till it snaps into the groove. Thats holds the BOV to the flange.

Now to recirculate you need the kit to do it. Usually a piece attaches to the open end of the BOV. But with that knock off i doubt you can get the HKS BOV. So basiacally i dont think you can recir. Unless he supplied you with the kit. Then you would just need a dump hose and some clamps.

Now to install the pipes you should be able to figure it out just by looking at the bends that they gave you. Did they supply you with the couplings? If not then thats all youd need with some clamps. But just match things up and see what fits where

Old 04-10-2007, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

i see a nightmare coming with this setup because its ebay and knockoff, so who knows if it fits. I have alot of questions first. Did they give you the pipe for the bov with the bung already welded on it? so that the other end of the snap on peice is on the pipe. But the way your supposed to install it is to put the o-ring under the flange on the BOV, obviously to create a seal. Then when you place the bov into the flange on the pipe, youll notice that there is a groove in the peice on the pipe. This i where the snap on peice goes. You take some small needlenose and pull it together and try and fit it in there till it snaps into the groove. Thats holds the BOV to the flange.

Now to recirculate you need the kit to do it. Usually a piece attaches to the open end of the BOV. But with that knock off i doubt you can get the HKS BOV. So basiacally i dont think you can recir. Unless he supplied you with the kit. Then you would just need a dump hose and some clamps.

Now to install the pipes you should be able to figure it out just by looking at the bends that they gave you. Did they supply you with the couplings? If not then thats all youd need with some clamps. But just match things up and see what fits where
they did give me the pipe with the bung for the bov, and yes they supplied me with the couplings and clamps. i guess i just need the recirculating part..........damn. im thinking of just hooking up the fmic first and then work with the piping after because itd probably easier to figure it out on the car.........

Old 04-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

yea it woudl defintly be easier with it mounted

Old 04-10-2007, 03:20 PM

FMIC first...

Old 04-10-2007, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

yea it woudl defintly be easier with it mounted
lmao yha..........i was just wondering all this before i put anything on because i cant vent to atmosphere without messing up the car. i dont want to bog lol