Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Mitsubishi Galant turbo or SUper charger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Default Mitsubishi Galant turbo or SUper charger?

Hey was up my Mitsubishi frineds . okay Im newww to the world of cars ..!!! what got me started into it .........well ........as u guys know ..that movie The Fast and The Furious the movie lol....
Well i just both a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant i think is a GT cuz it has a tail in the back ...(yes the tail is original so i think is a GT version RIGHT ??????) wELL the guy that sold it... to me had it kinda fix up ....my friend started to tell me that i should put a turbo on it ...But as u know i dont really know about cars that much So i dont wanna get something that i dont really know about ....it's easy for him to tell me to get it cuz he know what it is But i dont ......But intrested in that super charger and that turbo ...whats the diffrents between them ?
Cuz on sunday i was on AM/PM a gasoline station and this car past By me ...the engine made these NICE sound like air going through it !!!!!it was a ...nice ....nice ....SOUND !! So im thinking thats a turbo ? right ? ...And is it possible to put them both a turbo and a supercharger ? ....HOW MUCH can a turbo or a super charger can go up to the Horse Power? ? ? ? ?

Old 04-03-2007, 03:03 AM
Default RE: Mitsubishi Galant turbo or SUper charger?

wooo dude first thing you need to do is read read read...and read some more about cars in general...i dont think there is a galant gt? is it v6 or the 4 cylinder? the wing doesnt mean anything...just an option. anyhow both motors have potential with a turbo or a supercharger actually. but i dont think you are ready to do any serious mods quite yet...read up on your car first. also the fast and furious pretty much sucks...good luck bro.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:18 AM

Well David !!.!!I think I do need to read more about cars (But DONT WORRY I GOT THAT COVER) Cuz i learn Quick ....My car Is a V6..bUT U STILL Dint anw My question ...! mY questions was .... whats the diffrents between turbo AND A SUper charger ? and can I put both of them together ? and whats the limit of a horsepower for a galanT ?

P.s ..aND I Like the MoVIE cUz the cars were sIck !!! (nice)!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Believe me once you start getting into cars and start learning more you will realize that F&F is pretty retarded. But anyways

You cannot have both because they are totally different types of Forced Induction (FI). Now im only gonna give you a quick idea of each but believe me there is alot more to it than this.

A supercharger creates compressed air by mechanical energy thought the use of a pulley and belt system. This compressed air is then forced into the engine creating more inflow which creates more power.

A turbocharger does a similiar thing but in order to compress the air the turbochager is made of two components. The first is the turbine housing. The turbine housing is connected to the exhuast manifold and what is does is takes the exhuast gases and circulates it and allows it to pass though a small turbine. The gases then spin the turbine and exit though the exhuast pipes. This turbine is connected to a shaft which then Spins another turbine in the compressor housing. The compressor housing does exactly as it says. It compresses the air and sends it out to the Intercooler piping. Because this air is so hot it first passes through an intercooler to "cool" it then is routed into the intake.

There are advantages and disavantages to each. The supercharger is more of an instant power as it does not have to wait for exhaust gases to "spool" the turbo. However, it requires more PSI to generate the same power as it does not work as efficiently as a turbo. IMO a turbocharger is the best bet.

But dont go and buy some turbo of ebay cuz you figure you can just slap it on there. There is alot more to FI than putting it on. Putting a turbo on a Non-turbo car is expensive and takes knowledge to know how to do it correctly. If this is at all confusing to you then maybe try these links. They help alot for people first looking to learn.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/supercharger.htm
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm

Old 04-03-2007, 10:29 AM

I think hes referring to the Galant GTZ, btw...

Old 04-04-2007, 04:34 AM

Wow!!!!thankzzz TheEngineer ;o) SEE thats all i ask for !!!!these dude David was saying things that i wasnt asking for.... DAWWW
but FOR SOME WEIRD reason TheEngineer everything u just said it made sence to me ....like u explain it............... sO perfect .....Cuz..........for my galant .....what i want...... is More acceleration speed!!! Cuz my car is fast it bUT U CAN say i want more HP....WHEN i TAKE off !!! So that means ..i should Get a tUrBo RIght ?? ...But ARE u FOR REAL u cant put both of them at the same time !!? ? (
......I want to take pictures of my car just to let u see how it lOOkz !!! .....
yeah Ur right I seen alot of turbos On ebay ...!!! But like ...i always said to my self i want to get the best turbo Out there for a galant that can give me alot of HP....cuz then i wont regret anything about it !!right?or saying money's worth??
sO THE TURBo IS WHAT MAKES THAT sound when ur driving right ? is like air going through the engine !??....
Thank u for explaning everything in point !!! thankzzzzz
What turbO do u recommend me >????
I'll try to take pictures of the car to show U okay !!!

Old 04-04-2007, 04:36 AM

Yeahhhhhh there U go Dusty Eclipse My car Is A GALANT GTZ....dawww My bad ........
i knew I for got something else to put ..lol....