Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

need help with greddy blow off valve type rs for evo 8 2003

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006 | 12:02 PM
Default need help with greddy blow off valve type rs for evo 8 2003

i just got my new greddy blow off valve installed yesterday. i notice that it didnt have a nice pshhhh sound like i expected. i took it back to the installer but he said it was installed correct. so i am dissatisfied with my new blow off valve that i spent 300 dollars on it. oh and i also notice that when im driving and switch the gear back to neutral, my engine was about to die out. can anyone help my to get my blow off valve sound good and tell my why it was going to die.

Old 12-20-2006 | 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: need help with greddy blow off valve type rs for evo 8 2003

can you get a picture of this installed. I would say the stalling might be because they didnt recirculate it. And the greddy type rs makes a high pitch wistle rather than an air noise. Also if you get an intake filter to replace the stock air box then the BOV will be louder. And $300 for that BOV is a total and absolute rip off. You can get an HKS SSQV for that price.

Old 12-20-2006 | 05:39 PM

i have a greddy rs and mine sounds like an air sound it doesnt sound like a whistle......... https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_43366/tm.htm

Old 12-20-2006 | 07:26 PM

i just got back again from the mech guy and i found out that it was recirculated. it doesnt stall while im sitting idle or while i drive but when i switch to neutral while my car is in motion, the rpm would drop below 1k and sometimes it would come back to normal or either die out. is this regular or not. oh and also it doesnt blow off good like i expected. instead of blowing off air or more of a whistle, it made a sound like clunck clunck. can someone help me. will it sound much more better with the recirculated taken off. sorry im pretty new to the turbo thing but i love it alot.

Old 12-20-2006 | 09:33 PM
Banned

maybe the spring is too tight?

Old 12-21-2006 | 08:28 AM

can i ask why u just randomly put it in nuetral? I mean, not that cops can figure it out, but its actually illeagal to drive your car when its not in gear, at least around here it is. The only reason i could think for the stalling would be if it wasnt recirc, but you said it is so idk

Old 12-21-2006 | 09:44 AM

sounds like it is being vented which you shouldnt be, but if it was teh BOV would be annoyingly loud. If it isnot vented than maybe your running a stock intake and air box still cause that will kill the sound of the BOV and spool up

Old 12-21-2006 | 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

check to make sure that all the hoses are tight too. You might have a leak. But i would do what sebba said and check to see how tight the BOV is. You can do it yourself, Its the thing right on the top.

Old 12-21-2006 | 11:57 AM

i actually bought the car two months ago and i bought it used. i notice there were some things under the hood that wasnt stock. maybe the first owner switched some stock parts to aftermarket parts. i was wondering what kind of blow off sound the rs bov would sound like also. as of right now, my blow off kind off sound like a pigeon makin noise. is that what its supposed to sound like. when i bought the car, it had a k&n intake on it and it does have that box on the intake. is that why it makes the blow off sound like that. would it sound better if i bought a new intake. and if i have to buy a new one, what kind of intake should i buy. thanks for all the advise. i love cars but i just dont know too much about them. oh and i was wonderin, if i was boosting at 20 toaround 23 psi, am i boosting too much. what is the safe level that i should not pass.

Old 12-21-2006 | 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

20psi isnt bad. 23psi is alittle on the high side. I would stay around 18 or19 though without a tuning device otherwise youll be hitting fuel cut alot.There should be a manual boost controller in your engine bay somewhere. Once again is it possible that we can get some pics of the engine bay. That will help alot in answering all your questions. Also how many miles are on the car. Might want to check this thread out
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_104128.../tm.htm#104227

Quick Reply: need help with greddy blow off valve type rs for evo 8 2003