Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

need help with greddy blow off valve type rs for evo 8 2003

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006 | 01:01 PM
Default RE: need help with greddy blow off valve type rs for evo 8 2003

my car has about almost 21000 miles on it. i was wondering if the new bov is doing any damage to my car because of the blow off sound that it makes. oh and no im sorry i dont have any pics of my engine bay right now.

Old 12-21-2006 | 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

if your bov is too tight and its not opening correctly that could cause compressor surge which can screw up the turbo. but i doubt your really having that big of a problem. Just try and turning it to the softer setting or see where it is set now.

Old 12-21-2006 | 01:52 PM

yeah i am probably just worring too much. so the rs bov does suppose to sound like that instead of blowing right. oh and if i was to either install or take out the recirculation hose, do i have to take out the whole bov off and put it on again. i was just askin because there is alot of stuff thats blocking the recirculation hose and it is located under the bov so i cant reach it.

Old 12-21-2006 | 02:44 PM

just recurculate it and all the idle problems will go away

Old 12-21-2006 | 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

he already said it is recirculated. So he has something else wrong that is making it stall. But usually that is a sign that it is vented. So maybe the shop just doent know what they are doing. Thats why i wanted a picture. But anyway, leave it recirculated or youll have even more problems .

Old 12-21-2006 | 03:08 PM

so if it was recirculated, its not even supposed to stall out right. ill get a picture as soon as i could so you can help me out why its stalling.

Old 12-21-2006 | 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

yea when its recirc. it should not stall out. Thats something that happens when non-recirc. And as far as what you were saying about the bov. Im sure the sound its making is probably normal

Old 12-21-2006 | 07:50 PM

Hard i/c piping and an aftermarket intake will help in having a louder sound blow off. The pigeon sound is, like TE stated, is compressor surge and that surge is bad at higher psi. Stop boosting and lower the preload on the spring.

Sounds like you have a boost/vacuum leak somewhere. Do you have a boost leak tester? There's a how-to in the vFaq on how to make one.

List your mods for us so we're not chasing a factory bug if we should be chasing a modded bug, if you would please. That will help us help you with your boost setting too. 18-19+ is just way too high IMO, for a stock car, but it would help us "see" the car with a mod list.
Take pics of things that don't look stock and if you aren't sure...definitely take a pic.

Old 12-21-2006 | 10:07 PM

hey guys i just got back again from the mech guy. he did check out why my engine keeps on stalling. he did said that there was a boost leak and he did fix the problem. well however, when he reinstall the rs bov my car would still have the same stalling problem. he adjusted probably about 3 to 4 times to make it harder. after that my car would still be stalling. and yes the bov is recirculated. so what the guy told me was he'll get me an appointment tomorrow to go to another motorsports shop and theyll do a dyno test on it and see what was wrong. oh andprobably a stupid question but i havent dyno test any car before. is it bad, will it make my motor blow. sry i suck at cars.thanks guys for all the advise. ill get back tomorrow and tell if the problem was fix.

Old 12-21-2006 | 11:30 PM

Is there a check engine light on?>

Quick Reply: need help with greddy blow off valve type rs for evo 8 2003