Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

is Nitrous good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 04:17 AM
Default is Nitrous good?

Hey,
NX nitrous systems has a kit for the eclipse, saying it works with stock fuel pump, injectors, everything. I have no clue and am new to the nitrous world. Should I not mess if My engine is not really modded except for exhaust system and Intake system? I heard the new NX systems work by throttle, so the more gas you give the nitrous will do to that amount, not risking your engine. What do you think?

Old 01-27-2007, 04:23 AM
Banned
Default RE: is Nitrous good?

Using nitrous is always a risk. Let me explain... running nitrous you are risking blowing your motor due to the extra heat. You can lose a little compression.. blow heas gaskets and maybe even bend a rod and end up with chunks of piston in your oil pan.

You can also get what is called Nitrous Backfire. This is when the fuel+nitrous is ignited in the upper intercooler pipe.. not in the engine. Causing the pipe to explode and cause a mess... and most likely fire. I can dig up a video of it.. some fully built up.. about 20k spent... drag car... got nitrous backfire... and just a tiny little bit of flame... got out of control and the whole car burnt on the dragway.

On the other hand... it can just cause plain and simple detonation... basically.... KABOOOOOM and your picking peices of piston from the tarmac.

Not to mention the resale value once they know it has previously had nitrous fitted.... goes down hugely.

But if you really dont give a rats *** about your ride... then go for it.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:37 PM

I agree with Sebba.

What alot of people don't understand it that you should build your engine for nitrous the same way you would for a turbo system. Nitrous to many is basically a quick fix for power. It's a risky way to gain HP when you enging is not built.

and besides I've always heard, "if you spool, you're cool, if u spray you're gay" lol thats something I heard but seriousily if you wanna do nitrous jus be ready to spend some money.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:13 PM

would nitrous work for a 1.8 eclipse?

Old 03-19-2007, 05:25 PM

yes but like sebba said its not at all a smart discission...nitrous is gay imo. that is all.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:42 PM

but i bought the car for 100 dollars it had a blown head gasket i replaced it myself....i just wanna a lil extra power without blowing my engine cuz thats my only car nd i need it for work and back

Old 03-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dustin

but i bought the car for 100 dollars it had a blown head gasket i replaced it myself....i just wanna a lil extra power without blowing my engine cuz thats my only car nd i need it for work and back
then you dont want nitrous. For an engine like that with the pistons it has in it, which arnt even good for boost, and how the rest of the engine is built for N/A, then i would say its not worth it.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:04 PM

alright well i wont use nos then lol thanks for the help....anytihng else i should use?

Old 03-19-2007, 06:07 PM

theres really nothing yo ucan do your car will literally run maybe 75fwhp....its not built to go fast thats what the gs-t. gsx is for.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:09 PM

but theres nothing i can do since i got that car i really dont have anything to spend on another car

Quick Reply: is Nitrous good?