Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

is Nitrous good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: is Nitrous good?

the only way to make that engine quick, and to me quick means like a 14 sec and lower car, is to turbo charge it, and it sounds like you dont have the money to do that. Id say drive it around for now as a DD and save for when you want afaster car. Cuz that car is just not gonna give you speed without money

Old 03-19-2007, 09:55 PM

but is there nothing i can do to it for less than 2000?

Old 03-20-2007, 07:55 AM

well for starters, if your looking for a car to work with as a dependable daily driver and looking for some power, nitrous is not the route you should be taking. Nitrous is very tricky, but highly effective when used correctly. If you planning to spray, since it is a power adder, the car must be prepared. Their alternate routes you can take for your car to make it faster, such as breathing components for the engine ( intake, headers, exhaust) or computer work, andother power adders (turbo). But in all seriousness, i think your car is not built to be raced, and should be left alone for dependability reasons.

As for the nitrous back fire, that usually happens when your intake and exhaust cam, open at the same time as the nitrous is being injected, the spark plug fires and egnites the nitrous and gas mixture,thus causing the fire to barrel through the intake manifold. and sometime the exhaust as well. Their many ways to prevent it,
its usually a rookie move.

Gus

Old 03-20-2007, 11:11 AM

damn you know what your talking about! i talked to my auto teacher and he said just intake exhaust header and mill the head....will milling the head give it more? not refinshing it
thank you for all the help if it wernt for you guys i polly wounldnt have a car left lol

Old 03-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

you can do what you want with it, but for under 2k your still not gonna have a fast car in the end. And to me its a waste of money. But hey, thats my opinion

Old 03-20-2007, 08:26 PM

i agree with the engineer, If you already looking to spend 2k, you might as well invest it in something that's going to give you what you want. 2k, is not going to do much for your car, and is putting at risk alot of your engine components. Start off with a more realible platform, and built from their.

much luck

Gus

Old 03-20-2007, 08:33 PM

yeah your right...well ill sell it for more than i paid for it at least....i wanna try and but my brothers eclipse its a 2001 gt with a body kit black and carbon fiber hood....is that worth it? i could get it for 300 a month ($15000)

Old 04-01-2007, 02:34 AM

as far as im concerned nos is the best thing ive ever done to my galant aside from my mild turbo, with nos im pushin about 980 hp to the wheels, think about it 4 cylinders making 980 hp, how much hp per cinlder you say? - you do the math

Old 04-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Banned

i suppose you have a mods list and a dyno sheet to prove that?

Old 04-01-2007, 02:46 AM

Ya, I would like to see that much power to the wheels!!

15000 for that GT is expensive.. You can find a different one somewhere else and do what he has done to it for a lot less.. At the most $10,000.. But It would be more realistic at around 7-8 if that...

Quick Reply: is Nitrous good?