Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Please help the new guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Default Please help the new guy

I'm just barely getting into all of this and know alomst nothing about allthis stuff, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I going to be getting a 1999 EclipseGSX or GST Spyder soon but I was wondering if it would be a better idea to get aGS or GS Spyderand install a new turbo. What do you guys thing. Sorry again for my lack of knowledge.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Default RE: Please help the new guy

A GSX spyder is a very hard thing to find.. They didnt make them stock.. There has been people that have done All wheel drive conversions to a spyder but not that many.. A GS Spyder is a Non turbo spyder... So you dont want to go with that if you want to turbo it.. If your heart is set on a spyder than go with the GST... But stay away from the GS or RS's.. Those are the non turboed cars and arent fun to mod.. They will cost you more money in the long run and you wont be able to get as much "bang for your buck"

Old 03-18-2007, 01:01 PM

yea the advocate is right. the only way that it would be better to buy a gs or rs is if you already had built or just stock 4g63t engine (or 4g64)to drop in there. and you would still need a new computer and your tach would probably just float around and peg 0 rpms when you dip into the gas.(what mine does)

Old 03-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

you cant put a 4g63 into the rs/gs engine bay. If you want a turbo car then buy the one that comes with it (GSX, GS-T) thats it. If you want a slow dependable car then get an RS/GS

Old 03-18-2007, 03:42 PM

Well you could put it in there, but its not recommended because there is so much work and the difficulty of it takes out 99% of the people that want to do it.. Just listen to theengineer, b/c its not worth trying to swap it in..

Old 03-19-2007, 08:54 PM

So a 1999 GSX is hands down better then a 1999 GS with a brandnew turbo in it? . . . Thank youguys for your help, I really appeciate it.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 PM

So are you guys saying that you really just wouldnt want to try and turbo a GS? Isn't there some thing you could upgrade in the engine in order to make it run well with a turbo? it seems like getting a gst and then getting a better turbo for it is kinda annoying to me, but i know next to nothing on the topic. what all would you haev to do to put a turbo on a GS and make it run well?

Old 04-13-2007, 08:15 PM

You can turbo the GS.. But the money that your gonna be sticking into it to do it isnt really worth it.. Your better off just getting an already turbo car and putting a bigger turbo on it.. Anything can be done with the right amount of $$... But somethings just arent recomended..

Old 04-14-2007, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

the gs was not built to handle a turbo. You could get the GS then turbo it, which will cost you about 3k so add that to the cost of the car. And that is on the very very cheap end. With that money you would probably running about the same as a stock gs-t. So say now youve spent the same ammount of money as you would have to just buy a stock gs-t and your only runnning about the same times. Now going from here it is alot easier to make the GS-t quicker than it is the GS. and its alot more reliable. To mod the GS anymore you would need to build up the engine. In doing this you might get into the 13's. Now to do that in the GS-t all you need is a 16g and supporting mods which is cheaper than building up the GS. So now youve already spent more with the GS. Trust me, its not worth the hassle to try and turbocharge a GS. Just buy the turbo car, plain and simple