Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

SAFC II

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Default RE: SAFC II

Ya and it is diffecult to use and you need alot more knowledge.

SAFCII is so easy almost anyone can use it DSMlink is more vitle and can get much better gains but it takes a little knowledge to use

Old 05-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Banned

I heard you can just download a tune that suits your needs and mods and plug it in.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:39 PM

ya ask anyone who tunes cars if they recommend that though. There is more to it than copying a tune every car is different you really should not plug in any tune unless it has the A\F measured on your car

Old 05-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Banned

hmmmm ok.

Old 05-13-2006, 01:54 AM

Alright, I am a little confused now.

I am planning on getting a 16G turbo. I already have a Greddy Evo2 catback exhaust, intake, fuel pump, boost gauge, replaced fuel filter. Can I not just slap on that 16G turbo? Why do I need that SAFCII? I am still not too sure what it does exactly. Do I just plug it up and turn it on, and it will do the rest or do I have to fool around with it? What about that wideband? I am still not too sure what it does exactly either? I am so confused now. At first I thought, I just needed intake, catback, fuel pump, and replace filter in order to put on the 16G turbo. But now, something else keeps coming up. Now, I need a SAFCII (which I really have no idea what to do with) and a wideband (which I dont really know what to do with)?

Can someone please explain all of this? To tell you the truth, I am wanting to slap on that 16G turbo. But I know I will need to tune it. Can I take it somewhere, where they can tune it for me? Does anyone know how much this would cost me? Also, if I do have someone tune it for me, do i still need that SAFCII or wideband?

Old 05-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

The SAFC II controls the air/fuel ratio to so it can control the injectors. The wideband displays your air/fuel ratio in real time so you can actually know what you will have to tune your SAFC II. I now understand why it would be hard to do it yourself without one. How can you tune it without knowing what your A/F ratio is? So, the SAFC II is to tune your fuel system and the wideband is to tune the SAFC II. If you want to run anything over 16-17psi then you will need injectors.

Old 05-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Can you explain the wideband. I believe this is part of the mods for running 20+ psi. I do understand the SAFC II but nobody has ever explained what a wideband is. What is the price of a SAFC II and DSMLink. I know with DSMLink you can download a tune for your car so you dont need to take it to a place.

How the **** did you tune it yourself? Also... what about DSMLink?

BAHAHAHAHAHAH, not bad for 15

Old 05-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Banned

The SAFC II controls the air/fuel ratio to so it can control the injectors. The wideband displays your air/fuel ratio in real time so you can actually know what you will have to tune your SAFC II. I now understand why it would be hard to do it yourself without one. How can you tune it without knowing what your A/F ratio is? So, the SAFC II is to tune your fuel system and the wideband is to tune the SAFC II. If you want to run anything over 16-17psi then you will need injectors.
Ever heard of EGT...................not bad for 15

Old 05-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Banned

Isnt that exhaust gas temp? Come on, there was a time when you too had to ask these questions. Now that i know i will never forget.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:27 PM

what about the new one from apexi

http://www.apexi-usa.com/news_article.asp?id=15

Quick Reply: SAFC II