Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Same Power at Much Higher Boost? WTF!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Default RE: Same Power at Much Higher Boost? WTF!!

ome turbos are more efficent than others and flow more air its that simple. Like my stock 16G felt slower at 1.4bars than my 50trim felt at 1 bar and that is a big difference on boost levels. the 50trim just flows alot more air and is alot more effeicent

Old 08-14-2007, 07:44 AM

Okie maybee i was sending you guys down the Wrong path. im not saying i went Bigger Turbo and Go NO MORE POWER.

Im saying look at the .7 & 1 Bar comparison (1st Pic.) you can see a Increase of Power. Now why when i Boost More/Bigger Turbo too do i get the Same.

Im Gain NO MORE RESULTS. If power went up buy 2-5kw per .1 Bar Boost(as it did in first pic)
i would understand i have Effeciency Issues and my setup isnt that gewd but the POWER doesnt GO up The figures and the Curves stay the Same. there is sumthing fishy going on and i would like sumone to help me understand why it is happening/show me a away to by pass it/tell me about someone who has been in the same boat and how they Overcame it....

Are u saying i must Go bigger on the Exhaust Housing?

Old 08-14-2007, 08:08 AM

There is a max flow choke point somewhere in your setup, whether it's the head, exhaust, intake system, cams, throttle body, fuel flow, intercooler, etc.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 AM

Ill tell you what it Cant Be i have a Huge High Spec intercooler Huge injectors, Huge Throttel Body Mega Feul Pump.i have 63m Single Box Exhaust.

The Head and the Intake System are still stock................

Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 AM

It cant be the Head Can it?

When growing up i was told itis Piontless to gasflow a Head on a Turbo car becuase all you do is turn up the boost by .1 of a bar and you are already there....

Hence Forced Induction....

Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

i think he might be right with the MAF being the issue. Usually these have some maximum flow that they can measure. Im guessing its your piggyback system that is killing you. A standalone a bet would fix your problem. You said others were able to get 200kw...what were they using to tune with?

Old 08-15-2007, 01:28 AM

I really Hope its the MAF, I pray it is cos i have werk to hard on this car sepnt so much money and havent gotten the Results all the guys are going faster and im not.

Most of them turbo charge N/A cars/ Have Full Stand Alone Systems. The Uno Turbo's and Opel Astra Turbo 95... 200sx i know i have less cc's then some but the 2lL are Pushing 300kw

I really hope it is the Airflow maximum Flow limit. but why does no one have have this problem. i cant be the only fish in the Sea...