Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

t3/t4 turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006 | 05:40 PM
Default t3/t4 turbo question

Would installing a t3/t4 turbo be just as benificiary and powerful as installing a 16g?
Would I need to upgrade as much stuff as I would w/ a 16g ?

I've seen a lot of parts for the t3/t4 on ebay. They also seem to run a little cheaper.
thanks

Old 07-13-2006 | 06:20 PM
Banned
Default RE: t3/t4 turbo question

Well you will need a new manifold for a t3/4 and i think it is a slightly bigger turbo. With a 16g you dont need a new manifold. You will still need the same fuel upgrades you would with a 16g too. Also, beware of cheap ebay nock offs

Old 07-13-2006 | 08:42 PM

I got a Big T28 60 trim turbo for $400 and you don't need anything more to hook it up.

Old 07-14-2006 | 03:31 AM

Aren't the T28's the Nissan Silvia turbo? (or is that the T25?)

Also, if i got the T3/T4 could I keep the SMIC or would I need a FMIC?

I'm assuming i'd need to upgrade fuel to the Evo Injecters to be safe.

This is what I was thinking about looking into. Seems like a great deal. What do you think??

Old 07-14-2006 | 08:25 AM
Banned

I wouldnt do it because its weirdly cheap... its ebay they are known for their turbo knock offs.

I have the T28 on my car. Its a good 14b to run. Its slightly bigger than the stock T25 and spool is just as fast... if not quicker. However i do not recomend it for anyone that wants to run more than 16psi. I would say get a 16g. STAY AWAY FROM EBAY!

Old 07-14-2006 | 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

That seems way too cheap. An actual t3/t4 turbo will run you about that, never mind the entire setup with intercooler. I would stay away from it.

BTW poot where ya been. You havnt been on here in a while

Old 07-14-2006 | 11:04 AM

BEWARE OF THE SHINY EBAY TOYS!!!!

Old 07-14-2006 | 11:15 AM

holy crap poot, I though you died or something. Anyway a t3/t4 is just a style of turbo.... its like saying a garrett turbo. Its a t3 body with t4 internals. Its the trim of the turbo that important. A the trim is a 57 on that particular turbo with a 50a/r... meaning that its bigger then a regular 16g, its a little monster . For that kit, that is scary cheap for what it offers. I have seen the manifold before. Its mass produced by turbocalculator.com and distributed through out the tuner world. Over all a decent product but crappy in desgine. When you build a manifold and favor the turbo opposed to the wastegate you get a little faster spool time but sometimes you will see a little boost creep. But for what your doing it shouldnt be a problem at all. Also it may be so cheap becuase they dont supply the esentials that you really need, like oil line fitting adapters, or the right intercooler piping. I dont know if you noticed but their is no flange for the bov on the intercooler piping. Thats that type of kit where you have left overs and need to run out to the store to get other parts to make it work. If you basically want to build your own kit and got some extra cash to spend go for it. But if you want a compleat bolt on with out any missing parts start saving some cash. Because with that kit right there your going to have to make your own ic piping, adapt your own oil lines, and remove your power stearing pump. That manifold put the wastegate right where you powerstearing pump is. Personally I wouldent get it.

Old 07-14-2006 | 02:21 PM

thanks for all the good advice.
ya, i was thinking it was too cheap to be true but i was hoping. hahaha.

LIke stated before. If i get the T28, I wont need anything else? Would i get a horsepower gain at all?
I'm assuming with the T28 I would be able to run higher boost levels (seeing the T25 craps out around 16)

I"m not looking for a 300 Horsepower monster, but I wouldn't mind 250/260s. Any suggestions on how to achieve that?

Where have I been? Well i guess you could say for the last week and a half i've been dead. well, not dead but may be classified lol. I'm up in Calumet, Michigan. ughhh. I'm at my Girlfriend's family reunion. and i tell ya, there is nothing to do in this damn town. I just was able to hack into someone's wireless internet from one of the rooms in the Inn we're staying at, so i get internet now.

Back in June I left school and went back up to nor cal to live w/ family. ya know, save some money. though, there i don't have internet 100% of the time. so until school starts again in Sept, you wont be hearing a whole lot from me. Though i am glad to see some familiar screen names. OH, In August 4 - 15th I will be in Syracuse, New York!!! If there's anyway i could visit someone, let me know!!!

OK, back onto topic. So now a suggestion is to get the T28. What exactly would I need for that entire set up and what would be my power gains?
Thanks again everyone!

Old 07-14-2006 | 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Dont go t28, just get the 16g. A t28 you really dont see too much gain and the amount of boost that can be run is about the same as the t25

Quick Reply: t3/t4 turbo question