Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

t3/t4 turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006 | 02:33 PM
Default RE: t3/t4 turbo question

The t28 would be much better then the t25, and is basically the same thing as the 16g. I would deff look into getting a fmic or a supra smic. Slow boy racing makes a fmic kit for 850 and thats everything needed to install including a bov flange. For what else you need really depends on what boost you want to run. You can get the turbo, fmic/smic,a mbc, a bov, and just chill at 17psi and still make some nice power. If you wanted to raise the boost you would need to get a set of injectors, safc, and a wideband. And if you just want to optimize the boost your stock fuel system can handel you should get a downpipe, a ported o2 housing, and a ported 2g manifold. BTW you also need a boost gauge if you already dont have one.

Old 07-14-2006 | 02:45 PM

Whoa got two totally different answers there. haha
I already have a MBC, have the BOV and BOV Flang from my current set up, Air/Fuel mixture gauge. So all i'd really need would be the Turbo, FMIC, and Boost Guage.

What kind of power would I be achieving at 17psi?

Old 07-14-2006 | 04:34 PM
Banned

If you only want to make around 250 then the T28 is perfect. Its a great turbo. I think you will be pushing around 260 at 17psi

Old 07-15-2006 | 12:25 AM

That's Great to hear. So what will I need for the Entire Set up?

The:
T28
FMIC
Boost Gauge

(I already have a BOV, MBC, and a Air/Fuel Gauge)

Will I need a new manifold? can i safely run the T28 with the GReddy SP Exhaust? It isn't fully 3" is my worry.
I do assume that if I wanted to run as high as 17psi I would need to upgrade to 3" all the way back, but please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 07-15-2006 | 01:38 AM

Your stright with the exaust, you dont NEED a new manifold a ported stock one would just give you a better flow.

The t28 is capable of making 350-375hp, the t25 only up to 250... the 16g is aobut the same, a little higher, but it needs an install kit.

If you really want a cool turbo get a disco potato, its the gt28r, same thing as the t28 except its a dual ball bearing turbo. It got its name because its intake is the size of a potato and it was first sported on a "disco" colored nissian... hehe disco potato.

Old 07-15-2006 | 01:54 AM

OK.....

lol

I think I'm going to stay w/ the straight forward t28. Do they make manifolds that don't look stock. those stock ones are boring looking. I like the look of the T3/T4 turbos. all shiney....hehe.

but still doesnt' fully answer my question sorry.

i'll need the turbine, don't need new exhaust or manifold, MBC, Boost gauge, air/fuel gauge, and FMIC (inclueding BOV etras). am i missing anything?

I understand the big deal w/ the 16G turbos beign the EVO turbo and all, but why don't more people have the T28's if they're almost just as good? or am i wrong and a lot of people have them.

Plus to me, it seems the T28 switch would be a whole lot cheaper. ::shrugs::

Old 07-15-2006 | 09:03 AM
Banned

your wrong slow its only rated to 300.

I would recomend getting a turbo back exhaust although you can run it on the exhaust you currently have. You will not need a new manifold because it bolts right up in place of the stock one. I would recomend getting the manifold ported and the turbo in/out ported just for extra fast spool. If you want a flashy one then you can order a polished stock one from like slow boy or something. You dont exactly need a FMIC. All you really have to do is remove all the **** covering your SMIC and either leave it or replace it with a supra SMIC. The FMIC is a little overkill if you ask me. You dont even need an air/fuel guage or a SAFC II unless you want to change the injectors. A 190lph fuel pump would be a good idea though. That way you will hit fuel cut at a higher PSI. I dont recall exactly how much the stock injectors can handle exactly... but i think its 19psi. Are you running stock BOV? If you are then change it. If you want to change it then i will recomend getting a 1g BOV. They hold your kind of boost levels very well and they are cheap.

I dissagree with slows idea of the disco potato because you are only interested in running that much power and there is no point getting a turbo that will just give you more lag and the same power output.

Old 07-15-2006 | 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

your wrong slow its only rated to 300.

I would recomend getting a turbo back exhaust although you can run it on the exhaust you currently have.

If you want a flashy one then you can order a polished stock one from like slow boy or something.

I dont recall exactly how much the stock injectors can handle exactly... but i think its 19psi.

there is no point getting a turbo that will just give you more lag and the same power output.
No I am right, http://www.machv.com/gart28tur95t.html

all he needs is a downpipe

pacesetter makes a tubular manifold that replaces the stock and looks sexy

The fmic will allow for alot more power but you can run just the smic if you want.

17psi is the limit

your right there is not point in getting a turbo that will give you the same power out put for more lag but the gt28r is a dual ball bearing turbo meaning it spools twice as fast, thats why people opt to get it

Not many people do the t28 because its 500 dollars more and makes almost the same power as the EVOIII 16g... which is a little more.

Old 07-15-2006 | 01:53 PM
Banned

The T28 is a dual BB isnt it? Or maybe thats the T28 Killer

Old 07-15-2006 | 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

The T28 is a dual BB isnt it? Or maybe thats the T28 Killer

the standard t28 is not a dual ball bearing turbo, the t28 killer you speak of is a gt28r (t28r), also known as a disco potato.

Quick Reply: t3/t4 turbo question