Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Turbo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Turbo!!!!

Holy Crap. We arn't trying to make fun of you. We just said that it is impossible to do. Here is what might be something you can actually achieve though with a 420a

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_51781/tm.htm

We will help you in any way that we can. Just ask good questions. We didn't try to be mean its just that sometimes we get people on here that come on just to try and mess with us by asking dumb questions and really dont even want an answer. they are just here to try and **** us off. Sorry if you took offense to it.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:08 PM

sorry for taking offense, but i realized, that I'm better off just selling it, and working my *** of to be able to buy a gsx. another question i had was, when i rev to 2000 rpm's, and drop the clutch, when racing, my car spins out a lil bit, then there's a second of pause, then after that it takes off. I was wondering, y there's a pause there. and also wondering, if i replace my throttle body, do i have to relpace my sensors?

Old 03-08-2006, 11:27 PM

that little pause is prob either wheels still hoping or your rpms dropping down fron spinning. and what are you replacing the throttle body for? it is bad or broke?

And Ill agree with you about the GSX it has much more potencial than the 420a but if I were you id just buy a cheap 1G 90-92 GSX and mod that they have better motors than the 2Gs. It all comes down to looks I guess me personally I like the look of the slpeerish 1G over the 2G anyway

Old 03-09-2006, 12:40 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

that little pause is prob either wheels still hoping or your rpms dropping down fron spinning. and what are you replacing the throttle body for? it is bad or broke?

And Ill agree with you about the GSX it has much more potencial than the 420a but if I were you id just buy a cheap 1G 90-92 GSX and mod that they have better motors than the 2Gs. It all comes down to looks I guess me personally I like the look of the slpeerish 1G over the 2G anyway
And yet again, we meet Emonz. Sorry, but I think the sleeper 2Gs are so much better. I met a guy who owned a 2g GSX the other day. Funny story for another forum conversation. anyway, the outside looked all stock, had the RS looking spoiler and a nice paint job, that's it. That's until you popped the hood. Had the upgraded turbo, all the bells and whisles that came with it, and had some exhaust that wasn't loud. a nice deep tone, that's about it. Seriously, if i pulled up to this guy and felt like racing him i'd be sure i had this RS beat. That's until he launched on my *** and i heard the BOV. hahaha.
The 1g eclipses...eh...don't get me wrong, i respect my elders and they're fast and sick cars...but i think it'd choose a 2G over a 1G anyday. That is my story and i"m stickin' with it.

BTW emonz, I really don't go looking around forums to disagree with you. i just happens. hahahaha

Old 03-09-2006, 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: PooT_Nation

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

And yet again, we meet Emonz. Sorry, but I think the sleeper 2Gs are so much better. I met a guy who owned a 2g GSX the other day. Funny story for another forum conversation. anyway, the outside looked all stock, had the RS looking spoiler and a nice paint job, that's it. That's until you popped the hood. Had the upgraded turbo, all the bells and whisles that came with it, and had some exhaust that wasn't loud. a nice deep tone, that's about it. Seriously, if i pulled up to this guy and felt like racing him i'd be sure i had this RS beat. That's until he launched on my *** and i heard the BOV. hahaha.
The 1g eclipses...eh...don't get me wrong, i respect my elders and they're fast and sick cars...but i think it'd choose a 2G over a 1G anyday. That is my story and i"m stickin' with it.

BTW emonz, I really don't go looking around forums to disagree with you. i just happens. hahahaha
Ahahahaha I new this one was coming. But side by side a 2g and 1G GSX the 1G looks slower because it has old styling that many people dont like I for one love the wing and the shape of the car. The 1G also has the stock 6 bolt bottom end.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:46 AM

By looking at it you would never know tht car ran a 12.9 it looks like there are only regular mods nothing crazy.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:20 PM

I was thinking about swapping a 1st gen. motor with my 420A, because i know it's possible. I wanna replace the throttle body, to get a better response. When i drop the clutch while reving at 2000 rpms, i spin out a little bit, after it stop's spinning, THEN my rpm's drop, and there's a pause. I think it might help if i clean out my radiator, and throttle body. Because I"m suppose to race a mustang soon, the one for 22 Grand with 200 horses. And i'm suppose to race a 1988 rx-7 non-turbo. U guys have any tips, so that i could win by a lot? because right now, all I have is a cold air. Another thing I was thinking about replacing, was my headers, because they have a 3 inch crack in them.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: StreetAlliance

I was thinking about swapping a 1st gen. motor with my 420A, because i know it's possible. I wanna replace the throttle body, to get a better response. When i drop the clutch while reving at 2000 rpms, i spin out a little bit, after it stop's spinning, THEN my rpm's drop, and there's a pause. I think it might help if i clean out my radiator, and throttle body. Because I"m suppose to race a mustang soon, the one for 22 Grand with 200 horses. And i'm suppose to race a 1988 rx-7 non-turbo. U guys have any tips, so that i could win by a lot? because right now, all I have is a cold air. Another thing I was thinking about replacing, was my headers, because they have a 3 inch crack in them.
you cant swap a 4G63 motor for the 420a that IS NOT possible it has only been done twice and it cost ALOT of money to the point where buying a Turbo DSM was a better option.

Your RPMs are dropping off of spinning and it boggs out that is what will happen unless you rev higher and it will just spin more. And if the Mustang is a V8 you will lose no doubt about it the RX-7 you may be able to beat BUT they are really light cars so who knows

Old 03-09-2006, 09:44 PM

the thing is, the mustang is an automatic v6, so i have a chance. But i don't know what to do so I will get him off the line, and not just sit there spinning up my tires. I have 17 inch rims in my garage, and pirelli tires that I have to put on them, it might help a little bit, but not that big of a difference. the rx-7 is a 1.3, i hope that he just sits there spinning up the tires more than i do

Old 03-09-2006, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: StreetAlliance

the thing is, the mustang is an automatic v6, so i have a chance. But i don't know what to do so I will get him off the line, and not just sit there spinning up my tires. I have 17 inch rims in my garage, and pirelli tires that I have to put on them, it might help a little bit, but not that big of a difference. the rx-7 is a 1.3, i hope that he just sits there spinning up the tires more than i do
Ya I know about the RX-7s motor dont judge them on the displacment my good friend (NESpeed on here) has a 1.3L 93 RX7 that is prob a low 12/high 11 second car and he can out launch my EVO those cars have good tration most of the Time.

The Stang is a V6 then it isnt 200HP unless it is the brand new style. the last style mustang GT was only 220 if I am not mistaken unless it was a cobra roush or saleen. the V6 may be close But you still might lose that one and the RX7 I still think you can beat if it is N\A then you should have a good chance. If you want to spin less burn your clutch more it isnt good to do alot but that is how I launched my GS and GT eclipses

Quick Reply: Turbo!!!!