Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

turbo or no turbo. that is the question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Default RE: turbo or no turbo. that is the question?

Ya except the 420a cant be swapped with a 4G63 motor it wont fit

Old 03-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned

whaaaa? Why??? Whats in the way??? I know people that have done it so... whats so different?

Old 03-12-2006, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

whaaaa? Why??? Whats in the way??? I know people that have done it so... whats so different?
People have done it...It has only been done twice.

The motor doesnt mount the same really everything is differnt. It is way to expensive to make the swap that is why no one does it because your better off just buying a 4G63 equiped car from the start

Old 03-12-2006, 10:09 PM

those so called people lied. i use to hear just swap your motor for a gst motor all the time on the street , until i actually did some research.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: player69x

those so called people lied. i use to hear just swap your motor for a gst motor all the time on the street , until i actually did some research.
yup people who know nothing about DSMs and mitsus will tell you that. The car isnt a honda where every motor can be swapped with each other lol. Main reason why is the 420a is a Chrystler\Dodge motor not a mitsu motor the 4G63 is a mitsu motor

Old 03-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Banned

Am I reading that correctly!! You did some research?!?! HAHAHAH O I get it, its a joke.[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 03-13-2006, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: NESpeed

Am I reading that correctly!! You did some research?!?! HAHAHAH O I get it, its a joke.[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
No he doesnt search remember he said..."I dont need to search when I know you will answer when I post a question anyway why would I waiste my time" lol

Old 03-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: NESpeed

HAHAHAHA. Nice kieth. If you want a good place to go for the 420a turbo kits then go here. They have been making them for a while and testing them.

http://www.hahnracecraft.com/auto/eclipse/eclipse.htm

Old 03-13-2006, 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

If you ask me guys i say stay away from that engine. My advice is find a 4G63T from a junk yard. You can pick them up for like 400 bucks.. cheaper than a turbo kit anyway. Change all the belts and gaskets and hoses and you will be ready to go. In other words the 420a was not intended for a turbo so dont do it, it sucks big time and im sure slow420a will tell you all about it.

Edit: I forgot you dont know a whole hell of alot so im going to break it down for you. The 4G63 engine is in the evo and the turbo eclipses and the talon. These are known as DSM's (Diamond star motors). You should be very carefull with the engine you pick up if you chose to do it and if you ask me its a whole hell of alot better and will be cheaper. There are 2 types of 4G63 from the eclipse/talon. One is called the 7 bolt because of the number of bolts it takes to bolt on the flywheel. There was one problem with the 7 bolt and that is that the crank wasnt chemically hardend so its basically solft as butter and thats how crankwalk develops. Now its not all bad because the 6 bolt (found in older model eclipses and talons before 95. This 6 bolt crank is made from a much harder metal and i dont think it ever develops crankwalk. If you dont know what crankwalk is dont worry...all you have to know is it spells BIG trouble and you want to avoid it lol. Not all 7 bolts get crankwalk. I have a 2g with over 75k on it and it runs great. So i hope you understand a little better now. So conclusion: Stay away from the 420a... 4G63 (6 bolt) all the way!!!

Also... how much cash do you have to play with?

Not bad for a 15 y/o eh?

the 6-bolt motors were in the cars from 90-92.5

Old 03-15-2006, 12:08 PM

Damn Dyno-Man is evil as hell. Dude is just a Newbie asking a legit question. I know I had those same questions when I 1st got myGS.
sorry I was havin a bad day lol. I kno how its like bein a newb askin questions, everybody should, but like I said I was juss havin a bad day n also since b4 wen people kept askin the whole "can I turbo my rs/gs?" questions...that really kina annoyed me, n prolly everyone else....it juss got on my last nerve.

But newayz, like everyone said b4, 420's arent meant for turbo n plz dont try swapping to a 4g63 cuz it wont fit....n plz dont try the whole "well wat bout an evo engine?" cuz its the same thing only its oriented 180 degrees from teh GSX....belts are on the passenger side while in a GS-T/GSX the belts are on the driver's side. Same engine only oriented 180 degrees opposite...still wont fit tho lol.

The only model I've heard so far that can successfully carry a 4g63 engine...not to mention the AWD tranny...with sum work n money involved would be a GS Spyder. I think there has been SUM people that swapped from 420a's to 4g63's but i think they ran into sum engine problems or so I heard..not really sure.

Quick Reply: turbo or no turbo. that is the question?