Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

What do you guys think about this kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Default What do you guys think about this kit?

...for my '99 GS-T...I was at the dragstrip this past Sunday and did not like my times at all..But it was my first time ever racing too...damn rookie! LOL...So now I have this idea since my now ex-girlfriend left me 2 weeks ago that I'm going to take some of of the cash I had saved for her engagement ring and put it to good use into something that will truly make me happy LOL! I found this kit on SlowboyRacing and was thinking about the Evo III turbo with it...What's your guys' opinions?

SBR 2G Total Package Click to enlarge Finally, total solutions kit that really is a total solution. We now offer a complete kit, everything needed for a turbo install on your 2g. With this kit, you can choose from either an MHI Small 16g, Big 16g, EVO III 16g (back order), TD05H Bastard 20g, or TD06H Bastard 20g. All turbos have the option to port inlet/outlet and 34mm flapper upgrade. Also included is our Slowboy big cast manifold, 2g install kit with all lines and gaskets/hardware and your choice of colors for silicone, SBR manual boost controller and your choice of o2 housings. Options for o2 housings include EVO III housing, SBR stainless steel recirc housing, or SBR stainless steel o2 housing with dump. There is nothing this kit lacks from were it bolts to the head, down to the oil return and everywhere in between. This combined with our Click Here ultimate fuel package will make for one awesome setup!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned
Default RE: What do you guys think about this kit?

Behind those words, I'm sure there is an interesting story.

When I look at that, I don't see anything but the turbo, and other useless stuff. Thats a big price for not a whole lot of 'go'.

The only things you need are:

EVO III 16g (Clipped&Ported + 34mm Flapper) , MBC, Boost gauge, FMIC.

If I was in your position, I would be looking to do the following:

EVO III 16g + All options
Intake
Turbo Back Exhaust
BOV (recirculated)
MBC
Boost Gauge
FMIC
ACT 2600 w/ Street Disc

Fuel Mods:

650cc Injectors
Apexi SAFC
Wideband Gauge
Walbro 255lph
FPR

Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 AM

That's why I'm here before I buy anything...Thanks dude.

So a MBC over electronic is way better? And an ACT 2600w/Street Disc? My car is an auto so are tranny upgrades hard to find for it? Someone was telling me about some kind of shift kit for it too but I don't know about that. I was getting my best times when I'd stage it and then footbrake it revving it to about 3500-4000 rpm and leaving trying to keep the wheel spin to a minimum but still being able to leave the line decently..With it being a FWD I definitely got some wheel spin but I was also running it on my Nitto NeoGen street tires...Ugh, the drama of owning a FWD and an automatic..I've got a long road ahead of me LOL.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Banned

1) So a MBC over electronic is way better?

No sir, but its a hell of a lot cheaper. I mean, they do the same job. The only difference is one is electric and you can change from inside the car, and costs $350, and the other you have to get under the hood and change and costs $50.

2) And an ACT 2600w/Street Disc? My car is an auto so are tranny upgrades hard to find for it?

Whoops, forgot about that. No the stock auto tranny is pretty solid.

Someone was telling me about some kind of shift kit for it too but I don't know about that. I was getting my best times when I'd stage it and then footbrake it revving it to about 3500-4000 rpm and leaving trying to keep the wheel spin to a minimum but still being able to leave the line decently..With it being a FWD I definitely got some wheel spin but I was also running it on my Nitto NeoGen street tires...Ugh, the drama of owning a FWD and an automatic..I've got a long road ahead of me LOL.
It's all good dude. The fact that it is SO clean makes up for it.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 AM

Right now, I'd be happy with 300-400 hp. Is it achievable with the setup you recommended without having to switch out the block?

Old 06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Banned

Yes, it should put you at about 350.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM

Sweet Sebbz...thanks man! Any recommendations on the brands or models of the parts you listed? Also a rough guesstimate of cost? Would it be possible to do this for under $3 grand? I already have an Injen air intake and an Apexi N1 full 3 inch turbo-back exhaust.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned

Geez you want me to bottle feed you? lol j/k

As far as cost... hang on let me tally it up on SBR.

Motor Mods Total: $2017.95

EVO III 16g Turbo 34mm wastegate, turbine inlet and outlet ported ($779)
Greddy Type RS BOV ($205)
Type RS Recirculation Kit ($20)
SBR MBC ($49.95)
Megan Racing Turbo Boost Race Meter ($60) (I picked an expensive one.... it looked nice :P)
SBR 2g FMIC Kit ($904)

Fuel Mods Total: $1145.85

650cc Fuel Injector Clinic Injectors ($289)
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator for fuel injected engines ($155)
Apexi SAFC Neo ($320)
AEM Uego Wideband ($282.85)
Walbro 255lph fuel pump (not high pressure) ($89)

Grand Total: $3163.80

So a little over 3k, but this is with TOP quality ****, and picking the best of the best. If you were to do a little bargain shopping, you could save $500 easy.

You have any idea how long that took me to put together? lol

Old 06-03-2008, 08:54 PM

Yer the best Sebbz![sm=smiley20.gif] You'll make someone a good wife some day! LOL! In all seriousness though, thank you for doing that for me. Now when I go buy the parts, will you come install everything for me? LOL.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Banned

Any time, thats what I'm here for.

Plane ticket, and I will : )

Pretty much everything is bolt on stuff, apart from the AFC Neo that requires a little basic tuning, but its fairly easy for the most part. And gauges....ergh I hate wiring.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about this kit?