Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The car is apart!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Default The car is apart!!!!!!

So yesterday we started working on the Evo at around 6PM called it quits at 130am. Today got back on it today from 700pm-930PM. basically Got the entire front end off the car except the crash beam got the old turbo setup out and pulled the head off. everything is going awsome got pics to come tomorrow hopfully , but I came across a potencial problem. looking into the cyl we noticed all 4 of them have some mirrored sections of the walls all for are in the same spots and its on the front and backsides of the walls of each. Not sure if that is bad or ok. It may result in pulling out the motor and building it up (which I didnt plan to do untill next year) So I may without my car for a little longer if it ends up being a bad sign but it also might mean time for a 2.3L stroker. I got pics of the cyl walls coming too, along with side by sides of the stock turbo vs the 50trim and stock IC vs the new IC ect ect. all in all its fun and I am not worried about it. If it needs a rebuild then it is what it is time for the fun and power
Name:  DSC01441.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  93.2 KB
Name:  DSC01442.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  63.7 KB
Name:  DSC01443.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  80.0 KB

Old 05-06-2007, 02:19 AM
Default RE: The car is apart!!!!!!

Might as well rebuild it, you've come this far already.
Why wait another year to tear it apart to do what you can do now

Old 05-06-2007, 03:06 AM
Banned

I hear that.

Cant wait to see the pics

Old 05-06-2007, 05:03 AM

Same here, excited for the pics! yay for bore/rebuild.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:06 PM

Hey....good luck with the build. I hope all goes well!

Old 05-06-2007, 01:58 PM

i dont know wtf is going on..but all i know is your saying your cars apart :-P GL with the build :-P

Old 05-06-2007, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

i dont know wtf is going on..but all i know is your saying your cars apart :-P GL with the build :-P
I pulled the head off my car along with the entire front end because I am doing cams, head studs, HG, to go with a TTrix 50trim turbo kit. Just noticed the cyl walls there were spots in all 4 that were clean and mirror shiney which says something is slightly in contact IE piston rings. But so far everyone says it is relitivly normal on the Evos.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:18 PM

wow thats a big rebuilt good luck man...

umm what oil do you use in that car? because if you have always used premium old then your motor may have never broken in...(just throwing that out there)

Old 05-06-2007, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

wow thats a big rebuilt good luck man...

umm what oil do you use in that car? because if you have always used premium old then your motor may have never broken in...(just throwing that out there)
I run mobile one full synthecti and change it every 2500 or less. But as I said so far everyone is saying the marks are normal on the Evo

Old 05-06-2007, 03:36 PM

personally mik, i think its the oil...

i understand you have done a lot of research and i will nto argue with the masses but my personal opinion is the oil, i know that i had a motor that i ran full synthetic in for a loong time(since i got it) and i went to do motor work on it too and they were nice and shiney due to the fact that full synthetic gives soo much protection against ware that your rings do not touch the cylinder walls (for the most part) thus making it so your motor never fully breaks in correctly.....

like i said i'm not saying that to **** you off or go against any research you have done...just giving my 2 cents

Quick Reply: The car is apart!!!!!!