Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

EVO X or IX which faster? may suprise

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Default EVO X or IX which faster? may suprise

Which is faster? I wasn't suprised. This puts me in a pickle. The X will be out and reviews will have been made by the time i'm ready to get a new car like i was talking about.... X or IX? hmmm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lii_pDGCkE8

Old 01-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Default RE: EVO X or IX which faster? may suprise

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...9/pageNumber=1

.99g's on the 200 ft skid platform, up from .93g's on the evo IX. not bad for a 3500 lb car imo

Old 01-22-2008, 01:30 PM

true, but lower slalom speed, much slower 1/4... BUT AYC... tough decision.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:32 PM

I personally think that the IX looks better, that is what I want to get.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:42 PM

oh don't get me wrong, i definatly think the IX is the sexiest evo so far but the X is growing on me... especially when i saw it on the skid bad... that thing looked siq!!!

but for me, the decision will come down to 2 things. 1 money, how much will both be by... oh lets say november, december time. 2. how the X takes mods. If it takes them as well or better than the IX than i'd definatly be leaning towards the X. I've never seen a vehicle that takes one simple mod, ex. TBE and makes that much power... crazyness.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:45 PM

here is where we say goodbye to the 4g63. it had a good run, we will truly miss it

Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 PM

miss it? dude it ain't dying. you know how long that motor will be in demand and being used??? all 1g's, 2g's and EVO's have a version of it... it's not going anywhere lol

Old 01-22-2008, 05:22 PM

Ok, where is our Evo expert Emonz on this one? A buddy of mine that I work with has an IX MR as his toy and it's sweet as hell. He did some **** and took it over to Buschur in Ohio to have it tuned. It's straight ill man.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:38 PM

GET THE IX!!!!!!!!!!!! The 4B11 im sure will be great however the car is more of a pig. wieght and straights are slower. the 4g63 is what and Evo really is not a 4b11, so the IX is imo and many other known as 'the last REAL Evo'. how cares that much about SYAW? the IX and VIII will still out handle almost anything on the track if you can drive it so whats teh point to want the X just for that?

Plus for the price the IX will be WAY more suitable.since they are already falling in prices fast now. I mean you hardly ever find a stock turbo VIII for more than $21k unless the miles are really low

Old 01-22-2008, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

oh don't get me wrong, i definatly think the IX is the sexiest evo so far but the X is growing on me... especially when i saw it on the skid bad... that thing looked siq!!!

but for me, the decision will come down to 2 things. 1 money, how much will both be by... oh lets say november, december time. 2. how the X takes mods. If it takes them as well or better than the IX than i'd definatly be leaning towards the X. I've never seen a vehicle that takes one simple mod, ex. TBE and makes that much power... crazyness.
maybe your forgetting the king of highway the MKIV supra. Those damn thiings make 450WHP sometimes moreon just bolt ons no IX is doing that lol

Quick Reply: EVO X or IX which faster? may suprise