Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

EVO X or IX which faster? may suprise

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Default RE: EVO X or IX which faster? may suprise

psh, i still think evo XI ftw lolz,

Old 01-22-2008, 07:02 PM

1 big selling point for me is the cruise control.. The 9 doesnt have that?

But ya, im a big fan of the 4g63!!! I still dont know why they had to mess with perfection..

Old 01-22-2008, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

1 big selling point for me is the cruise control.. The 9 doesnt have that?

But ya, im a big fan of the 4g63!!! I still dont know why they had to mess with perfection..
There are some people who I think somehow added cruuise controll to there Evos

Old 01-22-2008, 09:21 PM

not that important to me... but it is nice when i have it. and Emonz... think it's possible to find out? could i find it on evom?

Old 01-22-2008, 09:44 PM

Yes EvoM has some small talk. It has been done. there are aftermarket units for it BUT they run like $300 or so I think. Either way if you need youd pay it. When my Evo was my DD and I was driving it 21 hours straight threw (1500 miles)from FL to MA and so on a few times over again I would have killed for that cause that drive SUCKS ***** even with it lol.

Where my car is at now hmmm no way dont need it since I see 3000 miles a year and thats agout it now

Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 PM

future plans w/ it? besides meth.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Banned

Well im not supprised in the slightest. You all remember the test by the english show "Fifth Gear" and it turned out the VI was faster than the IX.

I think what they have done here is removed what is strictly an enthusiasts car, and make a more user/noob friendly car. Its simply too forgiving, and has lost its aggressive personality entirely.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Well im not supprised in the slightest. You all remember the test by the english show "Fifth Gear" and it turned out the VI was faster than the IX.

I think what they have done here is removed what is strictly an enthusiasts car, and make a more user/noob friendly car. Its simply too forgiving, and has lost its aggressive personality entirely.
nah you dont have to think that they have said it..what they were goin for with this evo is to get away from the tuner image and make it more public friendly

most EVO enthusaists hate this but guess what its a company they care about the bottom line more then an image

Old 01-23-2008, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

future plans w/ it? besides meth.
Right now. New BOV (sitting here waiting), new ETS upper IC pipe and intake pipe powdercoated black, paint the valve cover finally, Hi flow cat and mid pipe resinator, Meth , and hop on the dyno for some 30PSI tuning

Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

I dont think that is true between the IV to the IX. but the X yes. If its the5th gears I remember that your talking about it was not entirely fair either the IV had exhaust on it at the very least that I can rememver. I mean I dont think the Stock IVs were running high 12s out of the box. alot of IXs are doing that. Plus laws have changed obviously so it got fatter of the years for more safty BS

Quick Reply: EVO X or IX which faster? may suprise